AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
mathteacher
mathteacher
@mathteacher
Member
Joined: June 15, 2013 9:58 am
Last seen: September 24, 2026 2:51 pm
Topics: 158 / Replies: 2104
Reply
RE: Grid/Ground Madness

Tom Adams, post: 385971, member: 7285 wrote: ...since they are all "scale factors"NGS data sheets list "Scale Factor", "Elevation Factor", and "Combi...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Showing point elevations as feet and inches w fractions.

Tell him that it can't be done and show him this to prove it:[MEDIA=youtube]QxjVW8iLMdU[/MEDIA]

10 years ago
Reply
RE: 99 percent of new jobs go to those with some/graduated college

Mark, that's a good question. In 2002, the superintendent of the system I was teaching in was touting a concept that he called "high school plus two."...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Raising a State Plane Projection

Loyal, post: 380245, member: 228 wrote: Just a pet peeve of mine, carry on. I hear you, Loyal

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Raising a State Plane Projection

Absolutely, Tom. I think that designing a coordinate system is really the easy part, especially in today's world of boundless software. The hard part ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Raising a State Plane Projection

[USER=225]@JOHN NOLTON[/USER] Thank you, John. Thaddeus Vincenty is one of the heroes. His papers are good reads, full of math but always clearly writ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Raising a State Plane Projection

Some of the fundamental constants for Lambert a plane can be developed using algebra, geometry, maybe a little trig, and calculus. When you start to c...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Raising a State Plane Projection

Is there coursework anywhere that teaches the fundamentals of developing coordinate systems or does everyone learn whatever they can whenever they can...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Raising a State Plane Projection

I wouldn't attempt to recommend a projection system to a professional surveyor. As I recall Loyal's post, though, he was asked to create a similar rai...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Raising a State Plane Projection

That's an interesting observation, Moe. When I first learned of State Plane and saw how grid and ground distances were related through combined factor...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Raising a State Plane Projection

Spot on, Paul. This approach creates a different projection that shares its central parallel, central meridian, false northing, and false easting with...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Isolate a variable?

[USER=197]@Brad Ott[/USER] the discussion seemed well in hand, so I didn't comment. The way Scott wrote the original equation, R can't be isolated bec...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Best Fonts for Maximum Profits

You guys are wearing your professional/technical/service hats. The real opportunity lies elsewhere.I'm going to create a nationwide SMO; that's right,...

10 years ago
Page 95 / 114