AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
mathteacher
mathteacher
@mathteacher
Member
Joined: June 15, 2013 9:58 am
Last seen: September 24, 2026 2:51 pm
Topics: 158 / Replies: 2104
Reply
RE: Carlson Civil Suite 2019 83 to 27 Conversion problem?

Looking at Carlson 2019 online help, and speaking from total ignorance other than dealing with all kinds of software for more than 40 years, a couple ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Not sure what to do...

@party-chef Right you are. In Washington, no attorneys allowed. In NC attorneys are permitted. In one NC case I'm familiar with, a contract employee ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Not sure what to do...

Mighty Moe is right. Small claims court does not prohibit lawyers and if ono side has one while the other doesn't, the odds become unfavorable. The li...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: 8 hours of Go-to-Meeting....

@dave-karoly I know what you mean. The only job I ever wanted in education was classroom teacher.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS monument finder app for iphone

A question with ambiguity. Do you want something that shows you where monuments are on a map, something that will direct you to a particular monument,...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS NCAT Tool Error

The first latitude in the sample file, for Id TU2083, has 10 decimal places while the longitude in the last example, EFGH, has only one decimal place,...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS NCAT Tool Error

@jim-frame I just pasted the three lines, including heading into a text file and uploaded it to NCAT. The file did not include the NGS sample data. ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS NCAT Tool Error

Here's the output as a CSV file. ?ÿ

7 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS NCAT Tool Error

Assuming that an NGS sample file should work in an NGS program, I copied and pasted the NCAT sample input into a Google Docs file, downloaded it as a ...

7 years ago
Reply
7 years ago
Reply
RE: Least Squares Adjustment Training

@rover83 I've always found the math (not necessarily the computations) to be difficult. At the very least, the professor should explain himself. If h...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Least Squares Adjustment Training

@jt50 Yes, I see the stats, but I'm not sure about their interpretation. And it's certainly not essential that I understand, but some other folks mig...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Least Squares Adjustment Training

@jt50 Two quick questions from a non-surveyor. 1.  When you do a gnss measurement half-way between two points that are 1,000 meters apart as a ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: It just gets better and better and better and...................

I feel your pain. Mine is minor, 'cause I don't make a living with computers and stuff, but I recently had my internet upgraded, which came with the p...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Rumor-Surveyor's fault

There was one near us where one of the bridge support assemblies was pounded in an inch too low, The solution was simple -- shims. I use cardboard for...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Unrealistic Manufacturer's specs

@john-hamilton Doesn't the pattern of differences in the first table raise some concern of systematic measurement errors? Save for one dY value and t...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Unrealistic Manufacturer's specs

@trimbleman The 68% confidence level, or one standard deviation, is a good choice for manufacturer's published standards. When reporting the results ...

7 years ago
Page 76 / 114