AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
mathteacher
mathteacher
@mathteacher
Member
Joined: June 15, 2013 9:58 am
Last seen: September 24, 2026 2:51 pm
Topics: 158 / Replies: 2104
Reply
RE: How do sight triangles work?

PDF page 7 clears up the easement/right of way question for Charlotte, NC. This one from Monmouth NJ indicates that the easement can't be subject to ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: How do sight triangles work?

That I don't know, but local building codes probably address it. It seems reasonable that a building within the sight triangle would be a hazard, thou...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: How do sight triangles work?

I'm not a surveyor, but I may be able to answer your question. The proper term is "sight triangle" and it has to do with the proximity of obstructions...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Eminent Domain - for an Easement?

But, in North Carolina, it's subject to fair compensation. We had a nasty one in Greensboro involving a city-private collaboration on a hotel-parking ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: excel formula formatting questoin-settlement check data

@dmyhill The problem is in determining equality. For example, if A1 contains =sqrt(18) and A2 contains =3*sqrt(2), putting this in A3 will return "no...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: excel formula formatting questoin-settlement check data

@dave-karoly Yep, not quite as tight for a given number of decimal places, but easier. If you want  3.4554 and 3.4649 to be equal, round to 2 de...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: excel formula formatting questoin-settlement check data

It's possible that you haven't encountered a true equal test yet if the data is the result of a calculation and the numbers are floating point. For ex...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: What would it take?

@duane-frymir One of my friends who was a far better teacher than I was asked a class which way North was. A fair number of them pointed up; that's w...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: What would it take?

@jack-chiles I'll have to make a mild protest about the schools' role. Note that I said "mild." A student who has completed Algebra 1 and Geometry s...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: d.mmssss (DMS) to decimal degrees

That's a knotty little problem if you want to create a completely general formula. Modulus arithmetic won't handle negative angles and calculations in...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: The pesky state line

@loyal Do you have a way to determine whether "state plane" coordinates are really state plane and not some modification of state plane; ie, some sor...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: d.mmssss (DMS) to decimal degrees

@lukenz I think that changing the first integer function to truncate will fix it. You never know when somebody might use that formula in another appl...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: The pesky state line

The NGS coordinate converter also processes batch files. I haven't used it in batch mode, but it has a lot of flexibility.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: d.mmssss (DMS) to decimal degrees

Try it with a negative angle.

7 years ago
Page 77 / 114