Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: September 24, 2026 2:51 pm
Marie-tuh is a brand of bread (Merita), originally baked by Hostess but purchased by Flowers after the Hostess bankruptcy.
@aliquot Yes. The GLO site has the map but not the notes.?ÿ
Somewhere around 46. 78793, -69.52197 may work. The article was about US infrastructure, so it might be legal to use the Canadian border as a sideline...
@mightymoe I always learn from you. "Inholdings" was a new term for me, but lo and behold, there are inholdings in the Nantahala and Pisgah National ...
@mightymoe I thought that this was the original survey of the East Jog, but it says the boundary line has been retraced. These old maps are amazing i...
@paden-cash Indeed it is!
@holy-cow One of my favorites. The ferry crossing is less than 4 miles, but it takes 35 minutes in addition to time required for loading and unloadin...
@holy-cow How on earth did you find that little jog?
@bstrand Yes, I was thinking about a single point at the center of a circle with a radius of more than 20 miles. ?ÿ
I'm thinking maybe a state, county or federal numbered road. Dirt ok, but 4wd trails excluded. I have no idea what definition the author used.
@james-fleming Luggable. Guaranteed to fit under an airplane seat.?ÿ
@bstrand That's true. You could also say that both the heights and the bases are spot on, but that would make the sum of the two smaller hypotenuses ...
Indeed. The differing slopes reveal the fact that the heights of the triangles can't be 2 and 3. And the slopes can't be different if the two pieces a...
It actually didn't "go" anywhere. The presenter would have you believe that the smaller triangle's base = 5 units and its height = 2 units. But that's...
From page 8 of the publication: The published inverse solutions have been more varied than the direct. The series expansion for thegeodesic length in...
@john-nolton There are some clues on page 128 where there is a numerical example. It turns out that S2 is the value that closely matches NGS Inverse ...
Actually, that's not even close to being right.
If it were my pad, and I measured it myself, I'd get 201.3 feet.
The form says that Position 1 is always West of Position 2. So the form always calculates a West to East line. The second calculation does not retrace...