AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
mathteacher
mathteacher
@mathteacher
Member
Joined: June 15, 2013 9:58 am
Last seen: September 24, 2026 2:51 pm
Topics: 158 / Replies: 2104
Reply
RE: Round two(Not Click Bait) And now in THIS corner......GIS takes another stab at lowering the bar III

@jitterboogie Big Blue influenced; 26 years with an IBM insurance company customer, although most of my time was spent negotiating requirements betwe...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Round two(Not Click Bait) And now in THIS corner......GIS takes another stab at lowering the bar III

@jitterboogie Jackson and Jackson Hole are upscale for sure. The development and management of the GIS are an example of what to do. Understand that ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Round two(Not Click Bait) And now in THIS corner......GIS takes another stab at lowering the bar III

@mightymoe Teton County GIS is impressive. When you download the Shp files, you get everything. i haven't done it and probably won't but it's possibl...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Round two(Not Click Bait) And now in THIS corner......GIS takes another stab at lowering the bar III

Licensing is not a topic really concerns me. My interest is in the application of mathematics to surveying, primarily coordinate systems. However, muc...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Plat Creation

Maybe some of the CMONs are really C'MONs.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Looks like itƒ??s back to the alidade table

I'm just happy to be here and I hope I can help the team. I just want to give it my best shot and, the Good Lord willing, things will work out. We g...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Looks like itƒ??s back to the alidade table

I would come, but I'd have to have $750 an hour. I wouldn't know what to do, so for me, the work would be harder, so I would have to earn more.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Water flowing uphill on the ellipsoid

@geeoddmike Yes, there is a conflict between the OP's words and his symbols. I answered his question in terms of his words; you answered it in terms ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Water flowing uphill on the ellipsoid

Well, geoid heights are geometric, too, because they're distances to a geometric shape, the ellipsoid. Assigning gravity to geoid heights while ignori...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Water flowing uphill on the ellipsoid

Go here: Scroll down and on the right-hand side of the screen, find PIDs-Permanent Identifiers. Click the text icon and enter the identifiers (PIDs...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Water flowing uphill on the ellipsoid

DK9983 and FY1129.?ÿ It's probably not unusual. The ellipsoid and the geoid are independent of each other, so there's no real reason to expect them to...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Fred Dearyan, PLS 902, State of Arkansas has deceased

So sorry to read of your loss, Nate.?ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Setting Up Primary Control

@thomasd842 See, here's the thing, as another non-surveyor sees it. It seems that you are intent upon taking your EDM measurements as gospel and just...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Is Contingent the correct word?

If you're linking the sale of one to the sale of the other, then the sale of lot one is contingent upon the buyer also buying lot 2.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Setting Up Primary Control

@thomasd842 The problem is that you need to get the GPS points and the EDM points on the same coordinate system so that you can identify and evaluate...

5 years ago
Page 46 / 114