AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
mathteacher
mathteacher
@mathteacher
Member
Joined: June 15, 2013 9:58 am
Last seen: September 24, 2026 2:51 pm
Topics: 158 / Replies: 2104
Topic
Replies: 1
Views: 518
Reply
RE: Man sues NC Survey Board after being issued cease and desist for flying drone

Such things are not unheard of in NC. In the first one below, the defendant purportedly created a traffic engineering study in violation of NC practic...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Something's fishy here

@bill93 Stability would be questionable with the other kind of dolphin.

6 years ago
Topic
Replies: 4
Views: 656
Reply
RE: 19 days...

It's virtually complete now.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Help with City Of Austin, Tx Monument Datasheets

Austin survey monument data sheets are now available online at: ?ÿ ?ÿ ?ÿ ?ÿ ?ÿ ?ÿ ?ÿ

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Help with City Of Austin, Tx Monument Datasheets

@flyin-solo Well, the published coordinates are indeed worthless for surveying. It turns out that the ratios of the SPC Northings to the City Northin...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Help with City Of Austin, Tx Monument Datasheets

@flyin-solo I agree wholeheartedly. When a 75-year-old retired math teacher can find the number of inconsistencies that I did in a downloaded file, t...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Help with City Of Austin, Tx Monument Datasheets

I got curious about the extent of errors in the downloaded coordinates from Austin, so I created an input file for NCAT by copying the three columns i...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Help with City Of Austin, Tx Monument Datasheets

@willie-h I'd say the boss is pretty wise. Just doing a little quick spot checking on the downloaded csv file. Running the lon/lat for object ID's 2...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Good thing I'm not a surveyor

@mightymoe Very well said. My problem with the Aurora document was the use of "sea level factor" in conjunction with NAD83. The best way I can fit th...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Good thing I'm not a surveyor

@flyin-solo Ol' Kent had a good argument when he insisted on straight-up state plane.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Good thing I'm not a surveyor

@bill93 Here's a piece of insight as to why some DOTs don't do that. I had no idea about software considerations for coordinates.

6 years ago
Topic
Replies: 8
Views: 534
Page 48 / 114