AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
mathteacher
mathteacher
@mathteacher
Member
Joined: June 15, 2013 9:58 am
Last seen: September 24, 2026 2:51 pm
Topics: 158 / Replies: 2104
Reply
RE: Transforming NAD 83 to present day GPS

The point is continuously moving southeast and sinking with about 3mm per year displacement, so the start date does matter if one expects millimeter-l...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Transforming NAD 83 to present day GPS

Interesting problem. First, about the equipment, those old, old Etrex receivers came in two versions; one with WAAS and one without. The one I have is...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: A little PLSS quiz

This problem is stuck in my head the way Rocky Top is in a Gamecock football player's head. Why Gamecocks football players will hear ƒ??Rocky Topƒ?? a...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: A little PLSS quiz

@bill93?ÿ I'm still in over my head when it comes to PLSS, but the coordinate aspect of this quiz is enticing.?ÿ For the Northwest corner, I get (10...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: A little PLSS quiz

@bill93?ÿ For 14, I got 2626.34, so I would choose D as well. I assumed that everything is square, further assuming that assumption would get close e...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: A little PLSS quiz

No wonder students are singing the blues. The quiz is designed to confuse. The drawing, it is tainted,?ÿ The squares, they are ainted, One chance ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Security Cameras

@jitterboogie?ÿ Well, the interstate is a bank robber's friend and proximity to an interstate may increase a branch's chance of being robbed. Can't ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Security Cameras

@bill93?ÿ It's terrible everywhere. I used I95 to go to Savannah back in the spring. It wasn't as crowded as I85 locally, but cruise set at 80 barely...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Security Cameras

@mike-marks?ÿ i'm with you on the traffic cops. Interstates 85/40 between Charlotte and Raleigh, NC, set your cruise on 80 and keep one foot just abo...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS Benchmarks

Read it all, but see bottom of page 9 first: Microsoft Word - PR_SOW_v9a.doc (noaa.gov) ?ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: A True Cul-de-sac?

@holy-cow?ÿ LOL! Actually, a lot of cul-de-sac residents around these parts are a kind of cult. More addicted to toddies and caviar than live goats, ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: A True Cul-de-sac?

@field-dog?ÿ It is small, but I don't like through streets that can become crowded shortcuts. Avoiding that is one of the curb appeals of a cult de s...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: A True Cul-de-sac?

I'm just a dumb old consumer, but I think that a cul-de -ac is a dead end street with a turnaround at the end. If it's just a cut-out on a through str...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Calibration Headaches

@rover83?ÿ In the NC case, it's difficult to unravel, but it's interesting to note that a different point is chosen for determining the vertical adju...

5 years ago
Page 40 / 114