AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Martin F
Martin F
@martin-f
Free
Joined: August 20, 2010 9:06 pm
Topics: 15 / Replies: 204
Reply
RE: Free COGO Software

@mark-mayer?ÿ Not quite 20 years -- 13 years in fact.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Plotting Deeds

I agree with all you say about the complexity/variability of solving such problems. But why should a high school math teacher be better than a surveyo...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Plotting Deeds

I did it using the Map Traverse module of Copan, free software (see underhill.ca/software/copan-windows).Because interior angles, not, bearings, are g...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: WTF - Responses to Craigs List AD

Don't discriminate based upon what you perceive as over-qualification.If they can perform the work and accept the pay offered...How many "kids" (the o...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: GIS nazis at it again ...

Could you show the offending portion of the map here? Easier to see than parse your description.Also, what has this got to do with GIS, exactly? Is it...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Closure report

Closure report = map check?Help me understand. Is this "closure report" the same as what i think of as "map check" -- specifically the check that, in ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Closure report

> A local town has a regulation for all subdivisions, that a surveyor provide a closure report showing the "adjustment of all points and boundaries...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: (odd) courses in old deeds

Should have been Northwest by North.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: To capitalize or not?

I believe BLOCK CAPS and underlines are greatly over-used. They're a throwback to the days when, using typewriters or stencils, there was little choic...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: I love geodesy>facebook

Under the neat line:Under the neat line:

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Android COGO

Multi-platform COGO> I have used and enjoyed versions of the Copan CoGo for Windows Mobile and Windows Desktop over the years.> The Android vers...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: The Right Radius for the Projection

Thanks for posting those equations and for making and posting the lovely graph!I'm not sure if you're right or not about which type of radius of curva...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: What is "localization", exactly?

Thanks, guys, for all the explanations. In short, i was misunderstanding what was meant by "localization". I thought it meant position estimation via ...

12 years ago
Topic
Replies: 21
Views: 4523
Reply
RE: Which scale factor to use

Elevation factor is a vital component of combined scale factor, which applies to horizontal (not vertical) distances. Elevation factor is affected by,...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: New CASIO Survey Calculator

Hp 42 calc> I have a HP42 that I thought was the best calculator HP ever made, an HP41 on steroids. The HP42 was very similar to the HP41 but ran m...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodesy article - How many errors can you find

> Distance between 89 N and 90 N = 366,448.96 USft Pole> Distance between 00 N and 01 N = 362,776.14 USft EquatorCertain...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodesy article - How many errors can you find

I'm not sure if this quote about the Earth is an error, but it is surely nondescript or vague:> ...like a tomato, round in the center and flat at b...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodesy article - How many errors can you find

length of semi-axis and radius of curvatureI wonder if the confusion over the differences in arc lengths of a short difference of latitudehas anything...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Proper Punctuation for Lat/Long.

Some rules-of-thumb:The more formal the document, the fewer the abbreviations.For sanity and efficiency, use abbreviations, especially standard ones.I...

12 years ago
Page 1 / 11