AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
lurker
lurker
@lurker
Member Founder
Joined: December 5, 2014 5:56 pm
Last seen: October 7, 2026 5:23 pm
Topics: 11 / Replies: 1166
Reply
RE: Micromanaging 465...

Out of curiosity what parameters in his instructions were unnecessary and should have been left out? Better yet, how about an example of the instructi...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Mistakes happen

So how does one resurvey any of those lots? I see they are defined by a coordinate but I don't see any way to get on that coordinate system. How could...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Question about Driveway

If you want to use someone else's property it is best to have a document that allows you that use. It appears there is a gravel driveway being used by...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: A prop from a low budget 1970's Sci Fi movie?

@jitterboogie So you want us to believe they designed the carrying case 1st, then designed the data collector to fit the case? Even though the case is...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS Antenna

@larry-scott No that is not user input. It is the printout of an Options Authorization File. These came from a dealer and I'm not sure what influence ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS Antenna

Here are 2 OAF files. One appears to be unrestricted in the Lat Longs while the other appears to have some limitations. ?ÿ

4 years ago
Reply
RE: TDS raw data missing grade, elevation fields in stake-to-line and offset staking

@rover83 It was so infrequent we thought maybe it was a bad sector on the hard disk that wouldn't store any data. So whenever data was being written t...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: TDS raw data missing grade, elevation fields in stake-to-line and offset staking

In the past I have had survey pro miss raw data for a few shots with no explanation. Maybe a 100 shots taken all from the same set up with no changes ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Robot calibration

The trunnion axis collimation is just adjusting for how far off horizontal the gun turns when looking high or low from 90 degrees. The only requiremen...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Robot calibration

I'm not sure about your specific gun but the adjustment routine for Trimble guns works well and I've never seen a dealers adjustment do anything diffe...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: "Most Surveyors Are Bad Boundary Surveyors"

@bstrand You should try it sometime. It can be hilarious.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: I hate construction staking....

@mathteacher I usually don't connect onion planting and construction staking unless I'm using some mild hallucinogenic.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: What is this???

That looks like the screw that was used to raise and lower the draw bridge at the Tower of London. How did it get over here?

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Merging forums... fishing for opinions and ideas

You have a bunch of forums? All I ever look at are the recent posts. In my mind there is only 1 forum and that is surveyor connect with a bunch of dif...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: 5603 collimation

I believe standard values would be what the instrument would read if it were perfect. For example a total of 360 degrees when face 1 is added to face ...

4 years ago
Page 35 / 59