AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
lurker
lurker
@lurker
Member Founder
Joined: December 5, 2014 5:56 pm
Last seen: October 7, 2026 8:05 am
Topics: 11 / Replies: 1165
Reply
RE: Ever Pull Existing Corners?

@scott-bordenet given that, I would pull. Leaving has a higher potential for causing harm than pulling.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Ever Pull Existing Corners?

Giving up the overlap to the south is easy. But how do you justify claiming 2 feet further north than what the north adjoiner has owned for as long as...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Total station calibration accuracy

What total station? Typically you can do your own calibration. And your results seem high while the other guys seem reasonable.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you guys deal with engineers challenging settlement monitoring data (simply because the they don't like the results)

I'm curious where the thing is that you are monitoring and where your control is. If you are trying to detect 3mm, can you be sure your control has no...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS vs Total Station and True North?

@chris-bouffard Really? Then please tell me what is True North? I don't know how to orient myself in regards to True North.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS vs Total Station and True North?

Amazing how frequently the phrase "True North" is used and yet it is almost a non existent concept.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Javad Forums

Javad's article he had written in support of Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin's annexation of Crimea. That article, We the People, is still up on the Java...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Choosing the Right Instrument

Anything less than 3" is spending money with no appreciable benefit.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: I just don't believe it needed to be commented on

@thebionicman I suggest "record" lol.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: "FLAT EATHERS" are at again.

I now have a new reply to all of the stupid statements I hear. From now on it will be "Uh we don't anticipate that."

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble s5 locking on random shiny things in active mode

@350rocketmike Something is not right. You are the only person that experiences this delay. If it were normal a lot of us would experience it. I don't...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Photo Modeling

It looks good but how efficiently can you extract usable data from it?

3 years ago
Reply
RE: I just don't believe it needed to be commented on

Ask him to give you a typed example of what he wants. Maybe then the bells will go off in his head.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble s5 locking on random shiny things in active mode

@350rocketmike I don't think the sun is a factor at all. I think the infrared being emitted by the prism reflected off the shiny thing under the windo...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Georgia Legal Aspects Exam

All exams I have taken administered by PSI have been on the computer. Open book materials were provided and referred to in the questions.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble s5 locking on random shiny things in active mode

If that piece is shiny enough, it probably is reflecting the IR from the prism in the distance between the houses.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: The Life of Professional Land Surveyors at Work Site

Between 10:04 and 10:08 why do the guys eyes roll to the back of his head when he swallows?

3 years ago
Reply
RE: My First Observed Pin Cushion

@jflamm I agree. It is very possible there was only one monument at this corner and it was the one set by the surveyor and noted on his survey. Expert...

3 years ago
Page 24 / 59