AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
lurker
lurker
@lurker
Member Founder
Joined: December 5, 2014 5:56 pm
Last seen: October 6, 2026 11:25 pm
Topics: 11 / Replies: 1165
Reply
RE: International Feet

Since Wyoming was ambiguous about US vs International feet. This was published in the federal register.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Things I consider was taught have they been abandoned am I missing something?

First #7 is a must as long as it is possible to do. No matter how good you think the control is or how positive you are that you have not made a mista...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: International Feet

@mightymoe Here is some info from Colorado. Universal Citation: CO Rev Stat § 38-52-103 (2016) (1) The plane coordinate values for a point on the...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: International Feet

@mightymoe Here's one from Michigan if you're interested.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: New Hampshire License Free-For-All?

@ric-moore I'm not sure I understand the purpose of your question. Would it matter if the answer was 1 state or 12 states or 0 states?

3 years ago
Reply
RE: New Hampshire License Free-For-All?

I think it is wonderful. Even with the phrase "substantially similar" there are very few instances where competence in one state is not competent in a...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD83(2011)

@oldpacer Concept seems reasonable enough. Take a spinning ball and redistribute a significant portion of mass from a small area to all areas of the s...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How long does it take?

@field-dog But the flange elevation on the fire hydrant is important. There are codes limiting what that elevation can be. If you were to asbuilt one ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Large ALTA survey no showing a platted subdivision

@oldpacer I do not know but are ALTA surveys regulated by state statutes? How did all of the states agree on the same statutory requirements? I though...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Device to find azimuth of antenna face

@mathteacher OK. It appears I'm screwed if someone asks me to put their data on Geographic North. How does one make the correction from Geodetic to Ge...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Device to find azimuth of antenna face

@mathteacher So, I see a new term for North. Geographic North. According to CHAT GPT why do we need a distinction between Geodetic North and Geographi...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Device to find azimuth of antenna face

which uses fixed points such as true north, south, east, and west as references OH the horrors. CHAT GPT still has not read enough to understand th...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Large ALTA survey no showing a platted subdivision

I would say whomever the ALTA is certified to would have standing to complain or to be completely satisfied by the product. As mentioned above, it may...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Elevation Data Accuracy/Precision/Error

@mightymoe Except that in this case the accuracy is needed and the groundwater contours will not make sense without the accuracy and the money is wast...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Elevation Data Accuracy/Precision/Error

The industry standard for monitor well locations is 0.10 horizontal and 0.01 vertical. We have done thousands using the method you describe for vertic...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: M3E RTK - Base Station?

With the RTK you can do away with GCPs. You can process quicker. You can be accurate autonomously or you can enter a precise lat long and ellipsoid he...

3 years ago
Page 23 / 59