AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
lurker
lurker
@lurker
Member Founder
Joined: December 5, 2014 5:56 pm
Last seen: October 7, 2026 9:22 am
Topics: 11 / Replies: 1165
Reply
RE: Basis of Bearings, rides again.

@bill93 What would I have to use in order to be justified in showing bearings on my plat? A better question is there anything that measures bearings? ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary Drafting Best Practice

If you are not going to set another monument, then the found monuments are never off. I don't understand why everyone gives the deed the presumption o...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Mavic 3E - Terrain Following

From what I have experienced, you are correct. When it comes to the flight ceiling the drone references the takeoff location. If you were to take off ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: FCC Frequencies

@chris-bouffard Stand corrected. To legally broadcast using an external radio you need to have a license. Whether that holds true if you are only usin...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Conference Promotional Items

@marrymizrahi And what is it, marrymizrahi is trying to enhance?

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble workflow

@bernardc That screen is asking you for the difference in horizontal and vertical distance that you want. You have told it to calculate a point 179.11...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Spectra Focus 10 - Data collection

That is a focus 30 manual in English. I'm not sure how similar the instruments are but this might help.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How to handle a Pin Farmer

@jitterboogie Nothing is that simple. There are gray areas everywhere. Not wanting to report someone to the board is not an indication of work done po...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Elevations - RTK vs Levelled

@jon-payne That's some pretty fancy dirt if it needs to be better than a tenth. Bluetops are one thing but if it is just site dirt, I'd be curious wha...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Married to a surveyor

He's working with a svengali so he doesn't really have a choice does he?

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Wisconsin Questions

@chris-bouffard I would assume if it is reciprocity then the licensure in another state would suffice as long as you passed the state exam. If you hav...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: The 1320th dumb question on Grid vs. Ground

SPCs are good for cataloging various projects over a large area. Their utility greatly diminishes when used for any other reasons.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: You get to be the reviewer today

Wait, am I hearing that 31 seconds is the right bearing just because there are more of them than there are 28 seconds? No one cares which is correct j...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: I should have saved the photo

How do we get that into surveyor SOP. "Any accessories closer than 3 feet shall be removed immediately."

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Rake/Battered Pile Survey Procedure

@dougie Damn, the first guy launches a roll ahead of the last two and still lands after them.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: those AZPLS questions directed at our friend Mr. Moulan

It appears "half bubble" was an appropriate screen name.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: AR and surveying?

What is an "AR"?

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Favorite found monument.

@not-my-real-name Any chance I can buy that sunshade from you? I need one with those exact skills.

3 years ago
Page 25 / 59