AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
lurker
lurker
@lurker
Member Founder
Joined: December 5, 2014 5:56 pm
Last seen: October 6, 2026 5:55 pm
Topics: 11 / Replies: 1165
Reply
RE: Develop Land

I would think it would only be a conflict of interest if you found some significant ambiguities in the boundary that had no obvious solution but rathe...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Develop Land

Are you honest? The answer to this question has zero influence on the determination of whether or not there is a conflict of interest. Although the an...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Ring, ring

I'm not frustrated with the counties whose GIS departments "get it wrong", rather my frustration is caused by the people who think the GIS lines have ...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Grid & Ground

@mathteacher Yes, I definitely agree a CSF=1 will preserve the value given to it, but the value given to it is the plane coordinate. Do your googl...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Grid & Ground

@mathteacher Except MightyMoe's example above shows with different combined factors you end up with the same plane coordinate but different ground coo...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Grid & Ground

@mathteacher I definitely don't know, but isn't Trimble's RTK determining lat long and ellipsoid height? For each lat long there is an equivalent stat...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Grid & Ground

@jimcox OK maybe I should have said "Entering a combined factor of 1 makes your projection coordinates show the same value when you ask to view ground...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Grid & Ground

Mathteacher, I googled what you said to google. I interpret it a little bit differently. I believe this phrase "This means that the software won't app...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Old Church and Cemetery survey

I believe STR = Section Township Range

1 year ago
Reply
RE: False Point to Compensate for Distance Discrepancy

Surely your total station would never be at 0ppm unless the temperature and pressure happened to be exactly the equivalent of 0ppm. Otherwise any devi...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: FEMA Elevation Certificate Gripe

Try using Cute PDF. It is a free program. You can select it as your printer and print your completed certificate, then this program has a bunch of edi...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: GPS on roadway monuments - how bad of an idea is this?

So you put coordinates on centerline street monumentation. What is the purpose? Either you are going to use those coordinates to replace any monuments...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Staff barcode for Leica DNA 03

@john-putnam No i have not and I'm not smart enough to have a clue as to why there are differences in the expansion coefficient. I can only guess ther...

2 years ago
Reply
Reply
RE: Anyone used a Trimble 980r yet?

The 3g shutdown was known in 2021

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble compensator issue/calibration

Running the calibration routines yourself is not a problem and I wouldn't trust a dealer who told me it was. If your compensator is working correctly,...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Cost Estimation for UAV Aerial Imagery Decoding

original poster lives in a world I am not familiar with.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Compass Rule on an "open" traverse

@landbutcher464mhz So if I come off of a given starting point and traverse through another given point and miss it by 1.00' and then traverse back to ...

2 years ago
Page 11 / 59