Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: June 28, 2026 8:47 pm
@mathteacher "So owning a Chromebook is a lot like owning a cat; you have to have a lot of self-confidence." I've been told that cats don't have own...
"Is there a relatively inexpensive instrument that will determine elevations to within 0.01' using GPS or other technology besides standard survey equ...
Especially if 30-40 miles of that is 10-20 mph two track and 2-5 mph Jeep Trail! 🙂 Loyal
What the HE(double hockey sticks) does this question have to do with LAND Surveying????ÿ I thought that the point of becoming a "Professional" LAND Su...
BROUHAHA!!!! That explains a lot! 🙂
While [possibly] overly simplified (a excellent job BTW), that pretty much sums up a huge body of text books, court decisions, common law (and sense)....
Too bad they don't make a ZPM in that size. 🙂 Loyal
Recommending. I have no desire to "unload" mine, I hope to have enough time next year to start using them. Loyal
I have two ig3 receivers, but have only used one of them ONCE (long story). On the other hand, I have a client that has two of them, and he sends me h...
Thanks for the update/clarification. Loyal
Probably PAGES, which can be downloaded for free from the NGS (or used to be, I haven't used it lately). Loyal
Is this a GNSS or "Total Station" project (observations). IF were are talking about a GPS/GNSS situation, then the SIMPLE solution, is to export the L...
Another possibility is that "you" (the two different computers) are mixing zones. Data collector in one zone, desktop/laptop in another. Just say'n Lo...
Agree with John... Pretty much has to be a "slope distance" or a totally whacked "calibration." Of course to err is human, to TOTALLY screw things up ...
Sure, and similar monuments set by: Bureau of Reclamation Bureau of Public Roads National Park Service Soil Conservation Service and many others. Not ...
Did we ever get that sarcasm font? My sense of humor seems to be lost in?ÿtranslation. 🙂