AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
loyal
loyal
@loyal
Free
Joined: July 2, 2010 11:11 pm
Last seen: June 28, 2026 8:47 pm
Topics: 212 / Replies: 3523
Reply
RE: How many retired surveyors keep their license active?

I will be "officially retired" on January 1, 2020. By "officially" I mean that I will have ZERO current licenses. I let my Wyoming expire years ago, m...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Weather Forecast for December 25-----share yours

About 3 inches last night, and still snowing lightly. Temp. a balmy 26?ø F. HoHoHo 🙂

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Speaking of State Plane...

WOW! Very cool. I hope to have some time this winter to dig into this puppy. Thanks, Loyal

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Weather Forecast for December 25-----share yours

High 27?øF, Low 10?øF, Cloudy, 50% chance of snow. ?ÿ

7 years ago
Reply
RE: State Plane Coordinates

Lost? No, I don't believe that is the proper terminology. Obliterated! Yes, but with conflicting "ties" to extant accessories (ie. nearby Corner Monum...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: State Plane Coordinates

I agree with ya buddy. When I started to "seriously" deal with SPC data (and projects) back in the mid-70s, it was a bit of a grind. But nothing that ...

7 years ago
Topic
Replies: 33
Views: 1617
Reply
RE: History of the Rectangular Survey System

When it first came out the BLM Public Room (Utah) was selling them for $10, I snapped one up right then and there. Loyal

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Rialroad Curve problem

Leon, It appears to be a Searles Spiral, therefore the "spiral" is actually a compounding series of 5 simple (circular) curves, each one having a chor...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: USFS plaques

Technically they are probably US Government Property, so I dunno bout selling them...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: USFS plaques

Roger that! Back in my USFS days we only put those on recovered "original BTs," but I suppose that the contrary can be shown. If (maybe BIG IF) the Be...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: USFS plaques

Only if they're nailed to a Bearing Tree!

7 years ago
Page 32 / 187