AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
leegreen
leegreen
@leegreen
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: August 21, 2011 7:32 am
Last seen: September 23, 2026 4:07 pm
Topics: 73 / Replies: 2114
Reply
RE: The 1320th dumb question on Grid vs. Ground

Here is the math from Grid to Ground.Grid Distance / CSF = Ground Distance 1689.2966 / 0.99996429 = 1689.3569

10 years ago
Reply
RE: The 1320th dumb question on Grid vs. Ground

The data you have shown from SurvCE is what what I expected. The "HDist" is your Grid distance, while the "Ground HDist" is what you'd get with the ED...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: The 1320th dumb question on Grid vs. Ground

Adam is incorrect.If you have grid coordinates, then with a scale factor of 1.0000 you get grid distances. You apply the combined scale factor to a d...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon MAGNET Field Site First Impression

The few bug's I found in version 4.0, were corrected in version 4.1One problem still in Magnet Field 4.1, that I notice. When importing Microstation D...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon MAGNET Field Site First Impression

sireath, post: 387816, member: 9370 wrote: Hi Leegree, I am just curious about your workflow. You use magnet field for field with all the linework in ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon MAGNET Field Site First Impression

>>>"Field Dog, posted... To edit my last point I have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the point list. Why can't there be a "LAST"...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Hands-On Surveying with UAS (Drones)

I'm curious how much does the camera size in megapixel relates to the accuracy of the mapping?For example a 38MP vs 12MP camera.I have processed bot...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon MAGNET Field Site First Impression

Nate The Surveyor, post: 387359, member: 291 wrote: I like to see when surveyors win.To me, anytime a mfr. comes out with a new product, with any new ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon MAGNET Field Site First Impression

Field Dog, post: 387309, member: 9186 wrote: My first impression of Topcon's MAGNET Field Site software running on the Topcon FC-5000 controller wasn'...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS Geneq

Steve Gilbert, post: 387340, member: 111 wrote: How does the tilt correction know which direction is correct? From what I understand it may work like...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Small but powerful GNSS - Sokkia GCX2

JasonMurray, post: 387070, member: 12015 wrote: Leegreen,So in the case of you losing the base radio behind the garage at 500ft , you could put the re...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Small but powerful GNSS - Sokkia GCX2

Nate The Surveyor, post: 387034, member: 291 wrote: "Limited to Line of sight".Would this not make a total station better?What is it for, if it requir...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Small but powerful GNSS - Sokkia GCX2

JasonMurray, post: 387029, member: 12015 wrote: Thanks Leegreen,How should the rover side be set up to receive the corrections? should i use the contr...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Small but powerful GNSS - Sokkia GCX2

JasonMurray, post: 387026, member: 12015 wrote: Hi Leegreen,Thanks for your response,for the sd1000 in mode 2 (in mode 2 the sd1000 is in slave mode w...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: The 1320th dumb question on Grid vs. Ground

rfc, post: 386845, member: 8882 wrote: Thank you, Lee.Starnet did convert them to grid, but among the choices in the Project Options, Other files, it ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: The 1320th dumb question on Grid vs. Ground

RFC,From what I understand you are using only a total station with an EDM. So your distances originated as ground distances. So if StarNet converted y...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: HP 35s

Paul in PA, post: 386177, member: 236 wrote: If you know your stuff a non programmable calculator is all that is required. I took both exams with an H...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: HP 35s

I have typed in the D'Zign routines along with others found on the internet. But none of those hold a candle to programs written by Ted Madson. Ted's ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Coin sized GPS trackers

Nate,I have a Trackimo for a safety net on my drone. It has GPS, WiFI and cell phone to send a signal and GPS info to a website every 60 seconds.Topc...

10 years ago
Page 82 / 110