AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
leegreen
leegreen
@leegreen
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: August 21, 2011 7:32 am
Last seen: September 23, 2026 4:07 pm
Topics: 73 / Replies: 2114
Reply
RE: Topcon Magnet Field question

Randy Rain, post: 392829, member: 35 wrote: Has any one got any advice regarding point descriptions in Magnet field. I typically describe calculated c...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: No ground control needed?

My understanding is most fixed wing UAV's use RTK to assist in tighter flight lines and landing. It also aids in taking the photos at a precise point ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: A Nate Story....

I failed to mention that I was not as close as you were to the machine. I was always at least a day ahead of the axe man.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: A Nate Story....

Nate The Surveyor, post: 391194, member: 291 wrote: OK, so I am marking lines, through this horrible thicket.It ended well.Job is done.NateI've done t...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: How to draft a tree

bridger48, post: 390444, member: 6251 wrote: Architect asked we as-built a large Oak Tree. Using reflectorless edm from 3 positions we took about 350...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: How to draft a tree

Perfect application for a small drone. Or you can simply take photos radially from the ground, with 75% overlap, then proccess it with Pix4d. Or send ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon MAGNET Field Site First Impression

tabraha, post: 389410, member: 1922 wrote: We just moved from SurvCE on the Carlson Surveyor+ to FC-5000's and Magnet 4.1. Haven't really found a trea...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: FS / L.S.I.T. Math help

You may want to go to this FS/PS review course coming October 2016. It includes a fully programmed HP35S, and is used extensively in the course teachi...

10 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: RTK UAS

Just googled this drone size Lidar sensor PUCK䋢 (VLP-16). They show test results using this with a DJI S1000 drone. Looks like Leica also has severa...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK UAS

I've been testing drone aerial surveys for past 4 months. I have found the GCP (ground control points) are essential to accuracy, no matter if you use...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon MAGNET Field Site First Impression

I'm currently using Magnet Field 4.1, but the Control Styles have been there since the TopSurv days. You can find it under Exchange >To File >Ra...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon GR-3 VRS with external cell phone modem?

Totalsurv, post: 388191, member: 8202 wrote: Does anybody know if I can I connect a Topcon GR-3 that does not have an internal gsm modem to network rt...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: How old is this tree?

RFC,You may want to edit your profile for this board. Your profile is showing you as "Licensed in VT". You may want to change this to Location in VT.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon MAGNET Field Site First Impression

beuckie, post: 387831, member: 2245 wrote: I recently purchased it with the new mesa fieldbook. I'm on 4.0 and have found a few bugs which i've trans...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon MAGNET Field Site First Impression

linebender, post: 387978, member: 449 wrote: Ok How do you handle geometry codes ie begin line, end line, on curve, close figure etc so that OpenRoads...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon MAGNET Field Site First Impression

linebender, post: 387953, member: 449 wrote: How about Bentley Open Roads?Yes sir, Bentley OpensRoads and old product named SurveySelectCAD are compa...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: The 1320th dumb question on Grid vs. Ground

StarNet will be looking for ground distances from your EDM or Steel Tape, as it is nearly impossible to measure along a grid distance, it is computed....

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon MAGNET Field Site First Impression

In Magnet Field go to Exchange >To File >Raw Data There are a lot of raw data formats to choose from as shown below.Then this *.RAW file is imp...

10 years ago
Page 81 / 110