AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
leegreen
leegreen
@leegreen
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: August 21, 2011 7:32 am
Last seen: September 23, 2026 4:07 pm
Topics: 73 / Replies: 2114
Reply
RE: Tips for UAS photos used to create orthomosiacs?

GMPLS, post: 402712, member: 8404 wrote: The ortho I created was from 2 separate flights about 30 minutes apart and flown perpendicular as you suggest...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Tips for UAS photos used to create orthomosiacs?

The two shadows in your ortho show that you had a significant amount of time between the photos. Looks like two separate flights. This would actually ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Tips for UAS photos used to create orthomosiacs?

Gregg,Where are you located? Maybe I asked before, I seem to think you are near Elizabethtown, NY or Lake Champlain Area?Any snow your way?BTW: Pix4d...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Tips for UAS photos used to create orthomosiacs?

GMPLS, post: 402607, member: 8404 wrote: I'm not using any gcp's yet. I was planning on it but haven't gotten around to it and I didn't figure it woul...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Tips for UAS photos used to create orthomosiacs?

In Pix4d it is actually called a "Quality Report" located in the results folder. Take a look at the "Camera Optimization". This should be less than 5%...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Mapping with snow via Aerial Imagery

Baja,Yes, 167 images were recorded in the 8 minute flight traveling about 11MPH at 180ft AGL.Shown is the same GCP on four different images.Lot's of f...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Mapping with snow via Aerial Imagery

On that site I have 4 GCP's, 3 check points measured by with RTK and EDM, they are about 300ft apart in a zig-zag pattern from end to end.I also have ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: MAGNET Office Problems

Bionic,No, it has not gotten any better at Topcon. When I log a support ticket, it often takes 2-4 weeks for a response. You are correct. Tech support...

10 years ago
Topic
Replies: 9
Views: 1263
Reply
RE: Tips for UAS photos used to create orthomosiacs?

GSD for that project 0.9in or 2.31cm

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Basics on Setting up GPS [New Surveyor]

therock003, post: 402289, member: 12282 wrote: I managed to get a valid geoid file for my area, but i'm using survey pro DEMO for windows and i dont s...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Basics on Setting up GPS [New Surveyor]

I don't know about Greece. Around here Eastern US, New York state, the Geoid Height is about -30m. When I see GPS derived orthometric elevations 30m b...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Basics on Setting up GPS [New Surveyor]

Sounds like he has an automous position.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Tips for UAS photos used to create orthomosiacs?

JustGMPLS, post: 401846, member: 8404 wrote: Lee, I did shoot the project again with a 70 degree camera angle and also flew a second flight perpendicu...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Basics on Setting up GPS [New Surveyor]

The SBAS system uses L1 only, which helps to improve the Autonomous position. I nit certain it can be used in RTK or post processing.For the basics of...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Tips for UAS photos used to create orthomosiacs?

geopro_consultants, post: 402262, member: 9959 wrote: You're not going to get better results than this without manual intervention currently. The soft...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: MAGNET Office Problems

[QUOTE=Westy, post: 399722, member: 8456For example, this means that if I set a localization and have my datum set to WGS84 instead of NAD83_NOTRANS, ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS mistakes.

Sounds like Nate's "one point" GPS setup is an autonomous position. This appears to be source his concerns. One should always collect static data at t...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS mistakes.

BK9196, post: 402211, member: 12217 wrote: I'm a younger guy, my GPS experience is pretty much all network, it sure sounds like what Nate is getting a...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Need help with surveying basics...

Ouch. My 16 year old daughter was injured in soccer she had ACL surgery last month. Doctors tell her no soccer for steady 12 weeks.

10 years ago
Page 77 / 110