Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: September 23, 2026 4:07 pm
I don't know how to change the default.Look under your users folder as shown below.
The photos are store under a folder that is the same name as your project file, and a subfolder called photos. Copy the images from that folder.
It's just another tool added to our arsenal. Can't be used exclusively. In the summer when there are crops in the field or tall grass, an RTK topo is ...
The limiting factors:Line of Site - FAA Part 107 require the drone always within line of siteBattery life - drone flights w/ P4P are limited 20 minute...
chris mills, post: 412060, member: 6244 wrote: You might need 3 foot boards when flying at 10,000 feet - I think the first ones I fixed back in 1967 w...
That google photo is so blurry, there is no way to determine the center of target. Actual I'm not even certain if was a target at all.Carrying and sec...
I have never had that much vertical error in a project. Probably due to your poor targets.I'd take a closer look at GCP's 3, 7, 8, 9, and 10. Too much...
DandaMan, post: 411769, member: 11506 wrote: Lee,Looks like I sent the wrong report. I have corrected for rolling shutter, marked 12 GCP's on 3-4 ima...
I see a few problems.1) You have NOT marked any 3D GCP's2) You processed without a template, why? Suggest using the default 3DMap at least for starte...
Dan,I suggest using 36"x36" aerial targets in Iron Cross pattern, and mark it in 5 or 6 images, as shown below.Look at your Quality Report from Pix4DM...
RFC,Fly your own aerial. Since you are working on your own property, doing only a single survey project in your lifetime, then you could rent a drone ...
This was explained to me in a 4 hour seminar at a surveyors conference. Everything you need to know is in that document.Bottom line I got from that wa...
I have seen that happen when the field crew uses the wrong offset or not careful when locating existing utility poles.Or the utility company just set ...
This is not gonna work with Trimble, but Leica SmartNet looks really interesting. It uses no base and no radio. The corrections all come from SV. The ...
Gregg,It was nice to meet you at the NYSAPLS conference. Sorry it was so short. Drop me an email. I'd glad to bring the P4Pro over run a few test flig...
GMPLS, post: 410786, member: 8404 wrote: I don't think it's set a f2.8 unless you manually set it that way. That's just the maximum for that lens. I b...
Thad,I'd be happy to convert the files for you, but there may be a small fee.I just upgraded my Global Mapper from v14 to v18, and added Lidar Module....
Looks like you can 24 CEU at 34th FLORIDA LAND SURVEYORS COUNCIL RETREAT ON FEBRUARY 9, 10 & 11, 2017, IN KISSIMMEE, FLORIDA.Surveyors.org
DandaMan, post: 410806, member: 11506 wrote: Lee,I thought bright days were best as you can lower ISO and ensure good image quality? Do the shadows c...
GMPLS, post: 410773, member: 8404 wrote: Lee, I assume that you don't use your camera in the auto setting and manually adjust your apeture so the shut...