Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: September 23, 2026 4:07 pm
DandaMan, post: 410771, member: 11506 wrote: Lee, I'm in Ohio (Cincinnati). Haven't seen much sun in a few weeks. Peeked out this morning but it's cl...
DandaMan,What state do you live in?
DandaMan, post: 410758, member: 11506 wrote: Camera quality, sensor size, and megapixels is the DATA IN for this partiuclar workflow. I typically sho...
I should have should you are reaching the limits of entry level drone mapping. With a high end drone (likely a fixed wing), and a high end PC you can ...
DandaMan, post: 410484, member: 11506 wrote: Thanks for the reply. Double gird necessary, in your opinion? GSD at 300' AGL = 4.0 cm. Yes, that is t...
300' AGL with a P3 is not going to work well at all. The GSD will be too larger, then the error will increase 3x. You will need a terrain follow app.N...
The Phantom 4 has a 12MP camera, and as of last week it is no longer in production. The P4 was first released in 3/2016, so life cycle was very short....
Totalsurv, post: 410277, member: 8202 wrote: He is asking about the robotic total station not gps. Your write.GT and HR released at same, just can't ...
Bow Tie Surveyor, post: 410234, member: 6939 wrote: With photogrammetry, aren't you usually limited to flying between 10am and 2pm? Bow Tie,Yes, with...
Bow Tie Surveyor, post: 410229, member: 6939 wrote: The Phantom 4 Pro UAS system looks like a good way to introduce a company into small scale photogr...
I posted this a few months ago on this site:I have tested the Hiper HR GNSS system.Pros:Very light weightSmall foot print, smaller than a soft ballMet...
DandaMan, post: 410132, member: 11506 wrote: used Pix4D to generate orthos but never got to DTMs or contours. Is there a good resource or best pract...
MD Surveyor, post: 410116, member: 10081 wrote: Is that typical? I got the impression that there were LiDAR sensors available that were much cheaper t...
Yes,What would you like to know?
MD Surveyor, post: 409975, member: 10081 wrote: I have found the "Tips for UAS photo's" thread extremely informative as I have recently started doing ...
Simple approach is swapping the north coordinates with the elevation coordinates. Then use common line and arc feature code and it will display in pla...
Nate The Surveyor, post: 409776, member: 291 wrote: Not sure how to say this, Mr Cow, but read it carefully. Those are MAN holes. OK? Nope can't use...
Kokolo,Ted's class includes books written and published by him. The class fee also includes a fully programmed HP35S, which a lot the class is focused...
My experience has been quite the opposite. It is just another tool for the bag, but when used correctly along with robotic total station and GPS, the ...
Mark,So you are doing a screen capture then you rubber banding the image to fit into your CAD file. That's a real professional procedure.If you were t...