AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
leegreen
leegreen
@leegreen
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: August 21, 2011 7:32 am
Last seen: September 23, 2026 4:07 pm
Topics: 73 / Replies: 2114
Reply
RE: TOPsurv

To make the process easier with less problems, upgrade TopSurv to MagnetFeild.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Pinning Foundation Walls or Marking Concrete

I heard the Ramset and Hilti can't be used in NY area due to gun laws. Since these fire a projectile from gun powder cartridge, and barrel, they requi...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary question--stone walls & trespass

How would you prove which owner built the wall? This would be good reason to use centerline along shared party stonewall.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Materials for the PS exam & preloaded HP35s

One note of caution with the pre-loaded apps for HP33 and HP35. IF the battery dies all program data is a loss. The two batteries must be changed (one...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Materials for the PS exam & preloaded HP35s

Cordgrass is correct. The PS is based on Principals, not math. No need for calculator on PS. The FS, Fundamentals Exam is math heavy.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Deeds donƒ??t match tax lot

Where in NY is the property? What county. As others have noted, I suggest you get an Abstract of Title then have a surveyor review it.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Did the GPS week roll over get me?

You will need to update your firmware to correct the clock setting from 1999. To correct the other issue I believe you need to purchase legacy mode.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: TOPCON PS103 ROBOTIC

Sorry, I read the OP was using Carlson. It is just a fact today with Technology, that you will get the most out of your hardware when using the vendor...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: TOPCON PS103 ROBOTIC

It is not a Topcon problem. It is Carlson software. I use a PS103 every day with Topcon Magnet Tools, it is flawless.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Does NY State need LDP with SPCS2022

MathTeacher,   Yes, distortion like that on Long Island is the goal for the rest of the state. One thought is an LDP for each of the 62 NY coun...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Does NY State need LDP with SPCS2022

ARS, That's my thought also. Yes, I am working with Greg, Duane F.,  David Z. and others from NYSAPLS. They want the poll to let the members dec...

7 years ago
Topic
Replies: 17
Views: 1046
Reply
RE: Topcon HiperV - Auxiliary Power

24v is too much for Hiper V. Use only 12v battery.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Imperial to Metric to Imperial, 1997 style

We used metric for NYDSDOT plans from 1996 to 2006. The survey and mapping conventions for distances and grades were simple. The contractors struggled...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Magnet-Newest Version

Check your GPS configuration Rover Antenna. The offset for Hybrid should be zero, sounds like it may be set to .30'

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Is DJI next...to be banned

I don't know if DJI is next to be banned. But I do think the Chinese may be intentionally jerking our chain. Last w??ek a major firmware came availabl...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Weighted Mean

The problem is you clearly don't know how to use Topcon Magnet Field. In Magnet record the point with the same point ID each time. The software will ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: X-hunt

Apps like these are helping my bottom line lately. I get about a call a week where these apps show a property line thru a house or past the fence.?ÿ

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Magnet Tools versus TBC

Do to proprietary formats, you should match your hardware to the vendor's software to get 100% compatibility. I use Magnet Tools with Topcon Digital L...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: I took the FS Exam today.

For the FS and PS you will get results via email 7 days after the exam. For the FAA Part 107, you get your grade upon exciting the exam screen on the ...

7 years ago
Page 28 / 110