AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
leegreen
leegreen
@leegreen
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: August 21, 2011 7:32 am
Last seen: September 23, 2026 4:07 pm
Topics: 73 / Replies: 2114
Reply
RE: Magnet Tools GPS+ Static Processing

I don't understand. Your process still sounds like RTK, not Static. If you truly have static, then there is no base / rover relationship and no reason...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Magnet Tools GPS+ Static Processing

It make sense that the vector is based upon accuracy as you describe in Leica, and perhaps Topcon does use this method. But why does is matter? Why do...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Magnet Tools GPS+ Static Processing

I can assure you that Magnet Tools does not use "direction as a way of assigning "reference" or "control" status to one point or the other". We use 6 ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Magnet Tools GPS+ Static Processing

When importing RINEX data you are processing STATIC data, not RTK. Therefore there is no base/rover relationship. The software is processing vectors b...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon .gc3 file

Sounds like you are using a projection with a user-defined scale factor. This is NOT a localization, therefore the software can't create GC3 file auto...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Drone mosaic tilt

As Rochs01 mentioned. You need more GCP that wraps the perimeter of your work area.?ÿ WithOUT PPK or RTK, four points along the road will not work. Th...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Drone Mapping

@jaccen The Baam system is a good value, but the biggest limitation is the reduction in flight time due to added weight and changes in aerodynamics. ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Drone Mapping

@gto234 With the P4Pro or P4Pro 2.0, I would place GCP's every 500ft to 700ft around the perimeter of site and add points at high /low points through...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Drone Mapping

@gto234 I currently use the P4RTK. Yesterday I flew a private air strip 3200'x100' with 4GCP's. They are more for ground truthing, not for adjusting ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon GT distance issue

@stacy-carroll Upgrade to v5.2.1

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon GT distance issue

Go into Magnet and set all measurements to fine, not tracking. Makes changes in stakeout also.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Update date on Topcon Hiper Pro receivers?

That receiver is a victim of the April 2019 GPS Rollover. A firmware update is needed to correct the date issue. Not sure if Topcon?ÿ issued an update...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Planning trip to Alaska

I'm trying to plan my route. Will post again.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Diamondback Truck bed covers

Can carry wood on top of the diamondback cover, it holds over 1000 lbs. They are made to carry any ATV. There are two cubby's of lath in the bed.

7 years ago
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 633
Reply
RE: Drone Mapping

You will need to fly lower and have more GCP's to get the same results as a 20MP w/ Mechanical Shutter. Most likely the 12MB camera has a digital shut...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Diamondback Truck bed covers

I own two of them. One I purchased in 2010 for a Dodge RAM 3500, 180 on a 6'4" bed. The second I purchased just last month for a Dodge RAM Rebel w/ 5'...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Pro-Magnet-Carlsonƒ??s

With proper setup and a little training these negatives views about Topcon equipment can be eliminated. If you want help setting up Magnet for use wit...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Volume Survey Uncertainty

To get an accurate check, you need to measure the site with a different procedure and different equipment (our spec's call for equipment 3x more accur...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: TOPsurv

Rich, I can help you if all other efforts fail. I'd have to blow off the dust of the FC250 w/ TopSurv and charge the battery.

7 years ago
Page 27 / 110