AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
ken-salzmann
ken-salzmann
@ken-salzmann
Member Founder
Joined: July 16, 2010 5:52 am
Last seen: October 1, 2026 6:41 pm
Topics: 38 / Replies: 596
Reply
RE: Copyright: allowed or not allowed?

My question now is if this is copyright infringement? I did not contact the two surveyors to get permission to include this on my drawing.As the other...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: How would you do this job?

You are apparently assuming you can be loose on the door elevations because the engineer is assuming 10 feet. However, there may be a home that comes...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Pics from the field.

Sergeant Schultz, post: 442365, member: 315 wrote: I think he means schwanz......I believe Mr. File is correct:[MEDIA=youtube]IjVatNQr-GM[/MEDIA]Ken

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Cad to Surveyor2?

ThanksI was stuck on how to get to "Map View." Found Alt M and then it was a piece of cake.Crisis averted.Ken

9 years ago
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 725
Reply
RE: Getting Started with TIN's

cptdent: You give great advice, except you seem to be missing that RFC has been teaching himself surveying as a hobby, with the help of this Board. Ke...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Yesterday's mishap

Thinking "It was a straight shot and I should be in and out of there in a jiffy" was the problem. Those "easy" jobs are always the bad ones.Ken

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Would You Show This?

RADAR, post: 427418, member: 413 wrote: There is a slight problem with this analogy; it's use of a portion of the 30' strip of private property, right...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: First day advice

NEVER, EVER put the instrument on the legs and walk away, no matter what the distraction, or what happens, BEFORE YOU TIGHTEN the screw fixing the ins...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Datumns, OPUS, FEMA

base9geodesy, post: 424971, member: 7189 wrote: Larry Best - Regrettably FEMA and a number of other federal agencies often show heights in the island...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Licensed in which states

NY, where most of my work is, and CT and NJ.Ken

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Pool structure within utility easement.

arctan(x), post: 423634, member: 6795 wrote: So I've drafted up a prelim sketch of the pool and edge of water. Ignore the colors all you color haters!...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Things we see and experience in the field.

I bought Mr. Gibbons books while I was at school, up in the Adirondacks. It did not take me long to figure out there are a lot of things you CAN eat,...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Clients make life interesting

You say: "Clients wants us to do an ALTA of the combined lot, not yet combined."When the lots are combined, comply. Until then, to quote Mrs. Regan, ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Lou Mingolo 1932-2017

Scott Zelenak, post: 419532, member: 327 wrote: Lou Sr. (as I was taught to call him) was a great guy.I started going to the shop when they were out i...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: How much to come dig up my corners?

Peter Lothian - MA ME, post: 417826, member: 4512 wrote: Reading this thread, I got a mental picture of knocking on the client's door, a bunch of pipe...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor2 with brx5/6 combo

My BRx6 connects with AT&T. No issues, as long as there is cell phone coverage.Ken

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary Resolutuon and Least Squares

BillRoberts, post: 415876, member: 1759 wrote: In my former life (prior to retirement) I used a best fit software-think it was Triad Boundary Analysis...

10 years ago
Page 12 / 32