AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Jon Payne
Jon Payne
@jon-payne
Free
Joined: July 6, 2010 9:31 pm
Last seen: August 4, 2026 7:54 am
Topics: 189 / Replies: 1446
Reply
RE: Ridiculous questions that make me question the ....

Correct Ric. Also, I've edited bold text around another incorrect portion of that statement.?ÿ The FS exam is NOT a test of field knowledge.?ÿ It is ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Ridiculous questions that make me question the ....

Getting licensed does not mean you automatically leave the field to work in the office all day.?ÿ There are many licensees who still fill the vital ro...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Ridiculous questions that make me question the ....

@jitterboogie When your staking bolts and dipping manholes, you are working in the technician realm.?ÿ When you are sitting in a pre-construction me...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Ridiculous questions that make me question the ....

@jitterboogie Several people have already pointed out to you what the relevance of tree identification is.?ÿ Your decision to ignore that information ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Ridiculous questions that make me question the ....

@david-kendall Since there are surveyors who will go on to work within the building industry alongside folks who are heavily into getting LEED certifi...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Ridiculous questions that make me question the ....

@jitterboogie I think I've got a decent handle on what the FS exam is for.?ÿ I dare say possibly even at least as much as you.?ÿ One more time, it is...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Cool old description

@tom-bushelman I really hated to hit the like button, but it was such a cheesy joke I had to.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Ridiculous questions that make me question the ....

Those folks Peter referenced as well as the many volunteers I mentioned spend a good deal of time working with even more licensees seeking input into ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Cool old description

What a great piece of history we get to see when looking through the old conveyances.?ÿ Thanks for posting.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Ridiculous questions that make me question the ....

It must be a regional or type of work thing.?ÿ I can not imagine a week going by during which I don't have to be able to identify a tree (not just by ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Ridiculous questions that make me question the ....

@peter-lothian Wish I could like that post more than once. Also, much work is undertaken by volunteer licensees to aid in exam development.?ÿ I would...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: WHY is there a shortage of everything???

Just about to return a call to a client from not too long ago.?ÿ He now needs to get an easement across his in-laws to access their water meter becaus...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Post-natural disaster surveying

Tom, There were funds earmarked for just such an effort in the tornado hit areas.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Manufacturer Accuracy Specs

@john-nolton Thanks very much for your help John.?ÿ I really appreciate your suggestions.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Manufacturer Accuracy Specs

@tom-bushelman If I can get something put together, I'll be glad to share with someone from Northern Chapter and they can lead the discussion up/over ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Manufacturer Accuracy Specs

Thanks John. Many times I've heard the instrument accuracy is advertised at 1 SD, so I was curious if that was just what manufacturers decided to do,...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Manufacturer Accuracy Specs

@john-nolton Thanks John. Q1 - That helps.?ÿ I understand that the ISO provides a procedure for testing the instruments and determining a value for s...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Manufacturer Accuracy Specs

@bill93 Thanks Bill.?ÿ I think that was the discussion I was recalling. ?ÿ Good discussion, but unfortunately it didn't have exactly what I was wond...

4 years ago
Topic
Replies: 11
Views: 1243
Page 31 / 82