AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Jon Payne
Jon Payne
@jon-payne
Free
Joined: July 6, 2010 9:31 pm
Last seen: August 4, 2026 7:54 am
Topics: 189 / Replies: 1446
Reply
RE: New ASCE Manual of Practice on Surveying and Geomatics

I like the e-books because I can use the text to speech function and play the book through my trucks speaker system when driving.?ÿ However, I also li...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: memory problem

And those are exactly the types of conversations that need to be had - not just in the instance of a forgotten piece of equipment, but throughout the ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: New ASCE Manual of Practice on Surveying and Geomatics

In case you are interested in knowing the authors of the sections, clicking the doi link at the bottom of the abstract opens a page with the author of...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: memory problem

Both statements are so true. I'm always surprised by the number of posts that I've seen on message boards (not just surveying) over the years where a...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Alabama studying Associates degree and 2 years experience for Land Surveyor license

I would be interested in knowing where those requirements are located. As of several years ago, there were less than a hand full of states that addre...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Alabama studying Associates degree and 2 years experience for Land Surveyor license

Just this past session, in Kentucky, a bill was proposed to lower the degree requirement to include an Associate's degree.?ÿ It did not make it out of...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Alabama studying Associates degree and 2 years experience for Land Surveyor license

(In my home state) When there was a non-degree option, there were a few more people taking the exam than after the degree requirement, but the pass ra...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Alabama studying Associates degree and 2 years experience for Land Surveyor license

I wonder if Senator Jones would do the same for doctors (MD).?ÿ It is more difficult to become an MD in the U.S. than in some other countries (based o...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Alabama studying Associates degree and 2 years experience for Land Surveyor license

@chuckh_02 Because there are licensing requirements at all means it is not a free market situation.?ÿ The government has intervened and created a scar...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Trucks

I have to admit - that is a sharp looking truck. It sure is getting harder to find a regular cab.?ÿ It's even harder to find them with a mid-level am...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Adjustment busted traverse. Help

@ricklife Thanks for stopping back in and updating us.?ÿ Can't speak for everyone that played with the data, but I would wager a little money that the...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: How best to deal with 'on-line' monuments

While it is often discussed in absolutes, if citing case law - it's important to remember that the case contains the details for that situation.?ÿ Dif...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Ever Do A Cash Discount?

@half-bubble You might not like when people use it as a motivator to make a hasty decision, but it isn't too much different than someone having it sit...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Ever Do A Cash Discount?

I know several people who carry around cash.?ÿ I can't think of a single one who has it for (what I would consider) bad reasons.?ÿ Maybe I'm hanging a...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Is This R/W and Easement or Conveyance in Fee

@dave-karoly Playing lawyer as well, I looked up what "acquired" would mean in a legal sense in Black's.?ÿ Several definitions indicate gaining owners...

4 years ago
Reply
4 years ago
Page 32 / 82