Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: August 4, 2026 7:54 am
The recurrent theme was "I".?ÿ As was discussed about the national scope of the exams, practice is not the same in every area.?ÿ Not all surveying com...
@norman-oklahoma Dogma.?ÿ That old chestnut. I would suggest that it is dogma suggesting least squares is "best practices" when a closed loop is a pe...
For those people who run a loop traverse and close it out to find a linear and angular misclosure that is well within their acceptance level for error...
It's a thing in about 10 or so states.?ÿ Not in our state yet, but it sounds like a good way to post your property instead of having to put up the sig...
LOL.?ÿ Just before I hit the play button on your video, I thought - GOOD GRACIOUS THAT'S A GIANT RABBIT!!!
@bill93 You ain't kidding Bill.?ÿ It wasn't that long ago (at least from my perspective) that licensing requirements for surveying were implemented in...
@jmbsurvey2023 Exactly.?ÿ Which is why I pointed out to Rover83 that there is not likely to be any requirement of licensure for teaching.?ÿ Only a ve...
@jmbsurvey2023 It is not a free market, because licensure requirements (by the government) are a market coercion which does drive pricing and supply.?...
Good observation about the time required to become reasonably proficient (in any aspect of surveying even Dave's idea of setting up a tripod!).?ÿ That...
Oh what a wonderful thought!!?ÿ If you could get others within an institution on board that would be really great to implement. I'm probably being ve...
@rover83 It is interesting that the program you linked had a core curriculum that included: Business Law I, Organizational Theory and Behavior, Econom...
@norman-oklahoma Technical Communication is a very important one.?ÿ I like that the program you linked had an intro course in the first level and then...
Yeah.?ÿ 60 is a maximum and would require the faculty time to be able to cover that many hours. That looks like a pretty good program.?ÿ I was probab...
When I was teaching, we (the department) ended up adding in a course that would be a general overview of the civil/surveying/construction/environmenta...
I really like the minor adjustments.?ÿ It seems to have a more orderly look to it even though it hasn't changed much.?ÿ But it is not so different fro...
@frozennorth Ahh.?ÿ If that is the case then I retract the statement.?ÿ With his emphasis on technician services such as staking bolt locations and di...