AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Jon Collins
Jon Collins
@jon-collins
Free
Joined: January 30, 2016 8:46 pm
Last seen: November 26, 2024 3:29 pm
Topics: 9 / Replies: 388
Reply
RE: Pics from the Field

StLSurveyor, post: 417579, member: 7070 wrote: That looks terrible. That week we had air temps of -10 to 0 in the day -20 at night. Winds were 20mph ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Using a Trailer for Surveying

StLSurveyor, post: 415927, member: 7070 wrote: [MEDIA=youtube]aK3spfaRJf0[/MEDIA]For an extra 10k yes.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Accuracy of Control

John Putnam, post: 415623, member: 1188 wrote: How are you getting USA to locate for you? Are you marking your control locations individually? I've ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Using a Trailer for Surveying

If it's room you are after, a local competitor of mine uses vans. There are still on E350s, but I can imagine the newer tall height vans being handy a...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Truck Bed Recommendations ?

I have a roll up tonneau that's aluminum underneath. Looks like a a clean tonneau, but secure. Just shy of a grand it's cheaper than other options.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Side-by-Side / ATV questions

I have used both for years. Atv are more fun, but a utv is handy as hell. Can go anywhere with tons of gear in the back. I have a polaris, I can climb...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Original vs. Retracement (both GLO)

BLM could hold mineral rights too.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS in Canopy

A good practice when shooting or setting corners is to re initialize on the point, to verify the first fix wasn't bad.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Going solo

Adam, post: 413737, member: 8900 wrote: Officially Solo again. It feels kind of good! Best of luck to you.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Having a problem with my S6 robot

Did you run all of the adjustments? Collumnation, auto lock etc....

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Ring Ring!!!

The sentence "where are you?" Is relatively new in our world. Not very long ago, if you were talking to someone, you knew where they were.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS RESULTS 3-4 FEET HORIZONTAL AND VERTICAL

I can almost guarantee you, as stated by a couple, that's it's a itrf to NAD83 2011 vs nad83 conus.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Pics from the Field

Winter bathymetric surveying Attached files

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Pic from the field

North dakota wetlands surveying. -7 temo winds 20mph Attached files

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Different State License Difficulties.

Word to the wise to those doing ncees records. I have spent 11 of my 13 surveying years in the same office. I have the 5 PLS references in my record, ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Email Chains

Sounds for sure like a survey foot to international foot issue. Happens a lot.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Different State License Difficulties.

SD take home test and online questionaire. Experience only track recently eliminated.ND 2 hour onsite open book test. Not hard but being open book you...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: What months is the F.S. exam given

Jan Feb apr may July Aug oct nov.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Stay out of manholes

I always quipped that manhole would be much funnier if it was 2 words. Then a few months ago one of the guys text me that he had dipped his rod inside...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Something you don't want to run into surveying-pics

Last summer I ran into a lot of pretty little red mushrooms in the forest.

10 years ago
Page 11 / 20