AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
john-hamilton
john-hamilton
@john-hamilton
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: September 13, 2010 5:25 am
Last seen: September 27, 2026 6:07 pm
Topics: 410 / Replies: 3055
Reply
RE: Discrepancy Between VRS (Company 1) and Base Station/Rover (Company 2)

Very briefly... the closer you are to an actual reference receiver the better, as that minimizes any effects due to differences in the atmosphere be...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Discrepancy Between VRS (Company 1) and Base Station/Rover (Company 2)

I saw a survey report from their data collector. They had the correct GNSS receiver type, and their HI was 2.000 m (6.562 feet) to the ARP. Since our ...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Discrepancy Between VRS (Company 1) and Base Station/Rover (Company 2)

@mightymoe This is not mobile lidar, it is terrestrial lidar. Usually we do a survey workflow, like a traverse with targets. This time we did not do s...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Discrepancy Between VRS (Company 1) and Base Station/Rover (Company 2)

@mightymoe Actually, it is a combination of aerial imagery by drone and terrestrial laser scanning. Company 2 is doing the aerial and we are doing the...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Discrepancy Between VRS (Company 1) and Base Station/Rover (Company 2)

I did the control for company 2. I don't know company 1 but I let my client (company 2) know about the discrepancy and told them I believed it was an ...

6 months ago
Topic
6 months ago
Replies: 6
Views: 1702
Reply
RE: Conversion from EGM96 to NAVD88

I have several projects going on right now (military) where they want NAD83 (2011) epoch 2010.00 and NAVD88 as well as WGS84 (G2139) current epoch and...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: A memory from February 23, 2019

I have a pretty decent dry suit (getting a bit tight as I get older!). I have been in streams up to my neck in outside temps of 7°. The only thing tha...

7 months ago
Topic
Replies: 4
Views: 1542
Reply
RE: Setting up a Trimble Base to broadcast via NTRIP?

I should add that you can run your own NTrip server, which I do sometimes. You do not need a static IP, just a dynamic DNS service (I use No-IP). S...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Setting up a Trimble Base to broadcast via NTRIP?

we used to do this using R10's. But, the onboard modem was 3G, so when 3G sunseted (is that a word?) we could no longer do that.   What I do ...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Compass Rule on an "open" traverse

@landbutcher464mhz The problem with your so called "closed traverse" (i.e. looping it back to the beginning) is that it will not show any prism/edm of...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Does pole height affect GNSS accuracy?

Very interesting, my typical work involves traveling by commercial flight to a project, and I am always worried that the airline will "lose" my bag wi...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Why not Metric??

Sorry, I can think of NO reasons. I have been using metric for all field work for 40+ years. If the client wants some kind of foot as a deliverable...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Topcon and Star*Net concerns when processing large networks.

A clarification...when the OP said "large" networks, I was assuming that they mean a lot of points, not a large area. Once a network becomes large in ...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: Topcon and Star*Net concerns when processing large networks.

One advantage of bringing the baselines into access is that when I export from there I include the UTC start time, end time, and some basic stats (pr...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: What's your temperature cut off for doing field work?

@williwaw Hoping to make a quick trip to Costa Rica in the next few weeks to check it out, probably a long weekend.

9 months ago
Reply
RE: What's your temperature cut off for doing field work?

In my younger days I worked in -20°F. Not sure now. I guess it depends on what kind of work. Driving around doing quick GNSS occupations (a big part o...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: Topcon and Star*Net concerns when processing large networks.

Can you clarify...is it a truly "duplicate" vector (i.e. same baseline, same data, same time), or a repeat baseline (same two points but observed at d...

9 months ago
Page 3 / 174