AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
john-hamilton
john-hamilton
@john-hamilton
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: September 13, 2010 5:25 am
Last seen: September 27, 2026 6:07 pm
Topics: 410 / Replies: 3055
Reply
RE: BeerLegger in Pittsburgh or Buffalo later this month?

I would attend if I could, but will be on vacation 8/7-8/12, arriving late on the 12th. As rankin_file says, the cathedral of learning is a cool build...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Geoid models

To expound a bit on what I wrote above... You can use any geoid model in the relative mode with any vertical datum (small areas). Basically by using...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Geoid models

There are two ways to use a geoid model, which I will call relative and absolute. Relative: hold a known elevation(s), apply the geoid model at eac...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Air Travel & Carrying Equipment

I am on a trip this week where I had to bring three R10 receivers, one aluminum tripod, one magnetic roof mount, one 2m rover pole with tripod legs, a...

3 months ago
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 1269
Reply
RE: What is everyone using for networking ?

@gary_g It is ubiquiti. And so are my access points (4 in my house and 2 in another building). The UDM pro will adjust the transmit power so that they...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: What is everyone using for networking ?

UDM pro. And I have a 4 bay NAS for backups. The UDM pro lets me have multiple wireless access points in three different structures, with a guest netw...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Trimble R10/R12 issues

I have an older R10 model 1 that I only use as a base when doing LIDAR VVA woods checkpoints. I place it with a mag mount on the roof of the vehicle, ...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Retired surveyor from Suffolk, England

@steveh That's cool, I really need to go. If not for the attack on Pearl Harbor my father would not have met my mother (they met in Sioux City while...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Retired surveyor from Suffolk, England

Have you ever been to Thorpe Abbotts? I believe that is in Suffolk. My father was there at the airbase in WWII, got shot down and then spent time as a...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Putting a 120V AC wire in the same conduit as an antenna cable??

@bill93 Thanks for the feedback, Bill. I was wondering about the NEC, my father was an expert in that (EE professor and long time expert witness) but ...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Flying with GPS as a carry on

I fly all the time with usually two R10's, sometimes an Alloy as well. Never a problem. I carry the R10 batteries (usually 5) in my carryon backpack. ...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: State Plane and LDPs

My father was an EE professor. I remember that he had some huge desktop calculator, the size of a large typewriter in his office. I used to go there i...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Access 2025.23

I think we found the issue. There is a new feature called geolock. You have to go into the geolock menu and turn on autolock. I wasn't there but that ...

5 months ago
Topic
Replies: 9
Views: 1902
Reply
RE: Bad reference station in VRS??

@john-putnam They both work fine in other areas. The WV projects covers about 2/3 of the state, so multiple CORS are being used. I was actually impres...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Bad reference station in VRS??

@landbutcher464mhz Network solution, not single base.

5 months ago
Topic
Replies: 7
Views: 1562
Reply
RE: Discrepancy Between VRS (Company 1) and Base Station/Rover (Company 2)

@enri-f you mean your post where you asked for examples? It is still there and I answered it right below your post. You might only be looking at the s...

6 months ago
Page 2 / 174