AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Joe Ferg
Joe Ferg
@joe-ferg
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 8, 2010 8:45 am
Last seen: October 1, 2026 10:20 pm
Topics: 38 / Replies: 539
Reply
RE: Washington will let you sit for the PS before you have the years

I have no problem with someone taking the test early if it gives them the needed incentive to continue on and get licensed. It would also show a futur...

2 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Survey Proposal Quandary

When someone offered me a competitors price I would always tell them that I would be higher. I didn't play the cutthroat game.

2 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Where were you surveying 25 years ago 9/11?

I was having my morning coffee and saw that a plane had hit the first tower. Then watched in amazement the second plane hit. "this was no accident" ...

3 weeks ago
Reply
RE: What are your CAD standards?

You have to think of the other end users of your product. Agencies? Other Professionals? Use Wendell's sage advice!

3 weeks ago
Reply
RE: What's wrong with this picture??

Look at the cross slope of the mount! He is looking through the wrong end of the level 🤣

1 month ago
Reply
RE: New legal description trend

Many of the descriptions I wrote started with "Commencing at some known and found point" thence a bearing and distance (or multiple calls as needed) t...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Disturbing a boundary stone is more than just a lifetime of punishment.

I've got 2 of those stones plus an obilisk in my front yard. Does that mean that I've got these spirits hanging around trying to put the stones back w...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: RIP Jimmy Boyd

What cow said!

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Public Project Staking

I have never seen a bid document (specs and maps) that fully covered what most projects will ultimately require. I believe that most money is made in ...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Question on boundary line adjustments

In my area it would be a Replat of Lots 1 and 2 Blk X "Subdivision Name". The new pieces would be Parcels 1 and 2. New descrptions would read Parcel 1...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: An honest update about the future of RPLS.com

Wendell, You know we support you, no matter what you finally decide.   Jean and Joe

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Tired of spending hours plotting deeds?

Reading, understanding, computing and following a deed chain is essential. Use the programs to check yourself if you want to stay up with the technolo...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Significant numbers

@holy-cow You Posted on September 21, 2015 "I believe our Canadian buddy, Derek Graham, introduced that to us here several years ago. Maybe even ...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Significant numbers

@holy-cow I fully agree with you. Keeping this site alive and relevant is very important. Long live Angel and Wendell! (see what I did there? SWM...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Significant numbers

@holy-cow "Sometimes it is wise to keep one's mouth shut and appear a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt." Clemens?

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Professor Robert J. Schultz, legendary Oregon educator

R.I.P Mr. Schultz. You helped a LOT of future Surveyors become licensed.

6 months ago
Reply
RE: ROW is always fun to explain!

I may be prejudice, but Surveyor stories are the best! Especially you Mr. Cow 🍺

6 months ago
Page 1 / 29