AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: October 10, 2026 7:12 am
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: Wild T2 Theodolite Carrying Handle

I imagine that a good percentage of those handles got put aside when the guns were outfitted with EDM mounts, and subsequently got separated from the ...

1 year ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Javad GNSS users?

As far as the Javad Triumph-LS goes, the converter is built into the J-Field software; just export as Star*Net vectors and you get a .gps file. If yo...

1 year ago
Topic
Replies: 4
Views: 2524
Reply
RE: Javad GNSS users?

Javad Ashjaee was a brilliant engineer and an evangelist for getting cutting-edge GNSS technology into the hands of surveyors at reasonable prices. S...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Preferred Plat Font

It's also a way to identify an unauthorized print. I've never had to do that, but just in case I generally use a custom font for some elements, and ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: STAR*NET - Step by Step Guide

Great video! Long, but comprehensive enough that I think a beginner could follow it to effectively use the software. I've been using Star*Net in my...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Staff barcode for Leica DNA 03

The Leica GKNL4F is a 13' 3-section fiberglass rod that works well for most non-critical applications. Smaller and lighter than the GPCL2 invar rod, ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Traverse

I don't understand the advantage. Since Star*Net (and, I assume, other adjustment software as well) adjusts the topo shots to fit the adjusted contro...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Mini Tripods

Rothbucher doesn't exactly give those little tripods away -- Berntsen lists them at $385, and that's before you've added a 5/8-11 adapter. They do l...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: VRS Observations Procedures

The original plan was to bluebook it as a 3 cm ellipsoid height project. Station spacing averaged 7 - 10 km, with a few longer reaches. I started wi...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: VRS Observations Procedures

Well, maybe. I ran a large project using the 3 cm RTN guidelines with an R8-3 (GPS + GLN only) on a Trimble VRS, and a lot my sessions failed to meet...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane Table Surveying - Repro Tables

As a certified old-timer, I did use a plane table a bit early in my career. I was mostly on the stick end of these stadia surveys, but got to observe...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: VRS Observations Procedures

It sounds like you're only concerned with horizontal position on relatively small projects. If so, be careful not to try to apply whatever you settle...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Total Station Trunnion Axis Error

Depends on the gun. The Leica 1102plus that I used for several years, and the very similar GeoMax Zoom80 that I use now, hold adjustment extremely we...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Thinking of starting my own business. What advice do those of you have?

Then there's me, who hasn't balanced the company checkbook in at least 10 years.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Thinking of starting my own business. What advice do those of you have?

Make sure you understand the market in your area. If most of the available work is mom-and-pop lot surveys and the competition is doing those for pea...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Digging in hard soil, pavement, etc,

If the contract allows, I'll have a construction company install a valve box, but that requires a lot of advance planning. What I usually do if I've ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: ArcGIS Pro - Connecting to Tile Server

Very helpful, especially Glenn's step-by-step images. Thanks, all!

2 years ago
Topic
Replies: 6
Views: 2487
Reply
RE: Old Digitizer

I used a 12x12 digitizer (Calcomp, I think) for years before the move to Windows. I wasn't very happy going from a digitizer to a mouse, as the latte...

2 years ago
Page 9 / 374