AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: September 29, 2026 7:07 am
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: A tip for assisting with sleeping after a traverse...

Optional Coordinates?Does Leica DC software still allow uncoordinated stations? I remember demoing their stuff in the late '80s or early '90s and fin...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Mr. Ryan...

Steve> I don't know if the cable companies actually have a franchise because I have a choice of 3 at my houseYou bet they have a franchise agreemen...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Title Block Insertion Point

Not sure about Carlson, but in AutoCAD you need to make sure that INSBASE is set to 0,0. Also pay attention to INSUNITS, INSUNITSDEFSOURCE AND INSUNI...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Mr. Ryan...

> Not being a baseball fan it's a little difficult to keep up on TV because all they show is the pitcher/batter or the managers or some one in the ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Have you ever...

> turned an angle with an Odolite?Clearly, it wasn't an odolite, it was the odolite.

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Where to recell motorola batteries

It depends on which battery. The LI-Ion batteries that came with my CP200 radios are inside a glued case that latches to the radio body. Successfull...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Retirement question

Dave - ColonI got my first colonoscopy last month. Prior to that I'd only had a sigmoidoscopy, which only covers the lower 1/3 of the colon. The sed...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey cabinets

I use a pickup with Weatherguard boxes and an aluminum insert that I had a local fab shop make to my specs:Both photos were taken before I glued garag...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: L1 GPS for Urban Surveys..feedback please

SteveSince we're beating a dead horse anyway, what model receivers were they? I've heard that the Hipers use the same USB connector for the power and...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: L1 GPS for Urban Surveys..feedback please

Steve> You have mentioned this "fried" set of RTK receivers before, but I don't recall any details (brand/color, problem, cause). I may have missed...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS in the City: Who's Watching the Base?

Being frugal (okay, cheap) in nature, most of my equipment is pretty old. Still, I tend toward the paranoid when it comes to equipment security. I h...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Sign of the times - Auction Notice

What's the URL for the online auction?

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Auto Level

I saw one on eBay within the last year. I bid a small amount on it just for grins -- I don't really have a use for a micrometer, as I have a Leica DN...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Field Books

I still use a field book for short level runs, angles to azimuth marks, field sketches and miscellaneous notes, but I don't book any observation data ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Gay Deed Question ?

> For something like yours for people of homosexual preference> John Doe et al.For those who choose to view sexual orientation as a matter of pr...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Christie To Reconsider Tunnel Financing

>New Jersey Transit’s ridership is up 150 percent.This is one of those statistical citations that I find confusing. Does it mean that ridership is...

16 years ago
Page 369 / 374