AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: September 29, 2026 7:07 am
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: tri station rehab

> i'm trying to set up a bit of a hard control network for our use. this tristation is the only one remaining that i know of on the quad sheet whi...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: tri station rehab

You first have to ask yourself if it's worth the effort. With the availability of OPUS, the value of passive horizontal stations is pretty low these ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Another Disturbed Monument

In the Star*Net graphic, the monument base appears to be a parallelogram. Is it really out of square?

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Two winners

I've set monuments similar to both cases shown above. Sometimes you can't set a monument at the corner due to obstructions, and an offset monument is...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: On going services contract

> The phrase we use around here is "on-call services".Looking through my contracts file, here are some other terms used for the same type of arrang...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey calculation puzzle

AutoCAD all the way for me. It's where I do pretty much all surveying calculations except for GPS baseline processing and least-squares adjustments.

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Small Claims

> In hindsight, how would you proceed? Do you quiz the person on who is the vested owner of the property, and request their signature instead of t...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Small Claims

> Jim I am curious what you mean by "judgment proof". I believe you posted something about this recently, but I cannot recall the specifics. In ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Small Claims

I've had mixed results from 3 small claims cases in 17 years. The first one went to court, I got a default judgment, threatened to garnishee the defe...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Worlds Smallest Giant

I'm 5'8" and change, and my normal HI is about 5.2'. My instrument man is 6'3", and his normal HI is around 5.6'. I pretty much can't run the gun wh...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Not a Monument

Oh No -- Not a Monument Box!>When I went and looked, the "metal plate" was the cover of the well box! I always dread digging down a foot through pa...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Not a Monument

There's a 1996 subdivision in my city that's entirely on university land, but has a single street connection to the adjacent city. The subdivision ma...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Snowballing of mechanical failures

I'm still looking for the ball bearing from the 1972 Craftsman 1/2" ratchet that I tore down 3 years ago to clean and lube. It's in my garage somewhe...

16 years ago
Page 368 / 374