AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: September 28, 2026 7:32 am
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: Identify this Spike

I run across them every now an then, mostly from surveys made in the 1940s-1960s. I just call them square nails.I've seen some RR tie and power pole ...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Calling Monuments

> It's not a real or complete legal description without the calls.In California we're required to file a map or Corner Record whenever we set a mon...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: TBC & Antenna Modeling

In a conversation with Trimble tech support this morning, I was told that TBC doesn't have NGS absolute models in its database. The fact that absolut...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Data file procdures

I download the entire DC jobs folder to my PC and rename the folder with a date tag (e.g., JOBS 20111116 would be today's downloaded folder). I stopp...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Stolen Laptop

> I use both a hardware boot PW and a windows PWPasswords will keep out casual snoopers, and so are a good idea as they're easy to implement and no...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: TBC & Antenna Modeling

I find it interesting that the quoted text doesn't actually come out an state that TBC applies the corrections, but for now I'm willing to assume that...

15 years ago
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 716
Reply
RE: Independent vs. Dependant baselines

> What do you think?I think weeding out dependent baselines is not worth the trouble. Most of my GPS projects involve multiple (sometimes dozens o...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Another question...

The norm in California seems to be regional Professional Practices Committees. They're generally organized at the local chapter level of the Californ...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: .dat file into TBC

I regret (really, really regret!) to report that I'm still having trouble with the HASP licensing arrangement. I ditched the software evaluation key ...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Punk-Punk-Punk!

> Eleven is "Yo!" at the craps tables.> > As in ee-YO-leven.That's the way I was trained in the late '70s. I still use it on occasion, thoug...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Creating a StarNet .dat file in TGO

> I am having problems creating a .dat file from Trimble Geomatics Office to bring into StarNet to run least squares. The dat file created does no...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Chest Wader Suggestions needed

Wearing chest waders gives me the willies. When the water gets over the tops of those things, you're in big trouble.

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Vonage Anyone?

Another thing to bear in mind with any VOIP installation: reliability of your Internet connection. I don't recall any outages on my land line in the...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: TBC & RTK Data

> As for the vectors disapearing when you rename a point...that is not normal.Agreed. But is it the Trimble way?

15 years ago
Reply
RE: TBC & RTK Data

Another question that has arisen: I'd like to rename the RTK points. However, when I do that in the Properties box, the RTK vector disappears, leavi...

15 years ago
Page 344 / 374