AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: September 28, 2026 7:32 am
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: RTK Closure

> RMS is a statistic associated with the result repeating within a certain one-sigma limit. The true answer can be off by 10 feet and still have a...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Amazon is having a sale on Rotary Hammer Drills

I was surprised to see the Bosch 11536VSR at over $580 on sale. When I bought mine almost 3 years ago I paid the everyday price of $528. That's gone...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK Closure

> The manufacturer specifications are generally at greater than one sigmaBoth Trimble and Leica use RMS for their RTK accuracy specs. RMS is equal...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK Closure

State requirements aside, I suggest reiterating the manufacturer's specification, which is generally along the lines of 1 cm + 1 ppm horizontal and 2 ...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: When the luck runs out...

Wow -- that's impressive. It'd be hard to reduce a gun to that many pieces if you tried.Too bad it's not a Leica -- I might have made an offer on the...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: I made the trek to Corbin VA NGS

OopsToo bad NOAA and USGS went to all the trouble and expense of casting a bronze plaque with a typo on it. The photo is a little fuzzy, but it sure ...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica TCRA1102 Connection Settings

> Does your SurvCE software have the robotics module activited? GeoComm is to be used for robotic mode, be it using a cable or radios for communica...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica TCRA1102 Connection Settings

Here's what I'm working with, starting with the communications menu:Below are the GeoCOM settings. These are matched in my data collector:Below is wh...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica TCRA1102 Connection Settings

> Doesn't one have to use the Leica RCS1100 collector on that gun? I've never seen another collector used with that model.The owner had been drivi...

15 years ago
Topic
Replies: 12
Views: 1116
Reply
RE: Faulty Devices

LSQ is doing a full-court press in its attempt to ram this through. PR materials spinning the story in their favor are part of the effort to salvage ...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: I had a monument idea...

I recall retracing some lines in or near the Golden Gate National Recreation area that had corners monumented by BLM with stainless steel pipes. I wa...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Complex boundary problem

What DOOGLE said> GPS never makes mistakes ;)That reminds me of the construction foreman on a job 30 years ago who told my party chief that the gra...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Light^2 WILL BE DEALT WITH IN A BILL UP FOR VOTE MON. OR TUE

I haven't been following the Lightsquared matter in detail, but a quick reading of the sections quoted above isn't very encouraging. It sounds like r...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Best Cordless Power Hand Drill

I've been very happy with the Bosch 11536VSR 36-volt rotohammer. A bit spendy, but very powerful.

15 years ago
Page 343 / 374