AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: September 27, 2026 4:25 pm
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: Grid Distances in descriptions

I don't do it often, but I'm working on one now. It's for a parcel on a university campus, and the campus survey system is on the CCS83 Zone 2 grid, ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: The 2-bit rebar is dead.

> what do you guys cut the rebar with?I use a Sawzall with a 10 TPI blade. It's fine for small quantities, which is all I ever need.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Should you cap FOUND monuments?

> Does the 1990 opinion letter negate the 1974 letter? The 1990 letter is from the Board Legal Affairs department (Staff Counsel), so since it's a...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Should you cap FOUND monuments?

> In California, it's required.This is an interpretation taken by some, but it's not one with which I agree. §8772 of the Business and Professions...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: 8" Spike Nails for control

I use 8" hot-dipped galvanized spikes when I'm not in pavement, as long as the soil is firm enough to hold them. If not, I'll use rebar or form stake...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica 1200 system

> This morning I use the rover to look at the files, and one of the old calibration files is back. Aaaaarrrrgh.It sounds like the solution involves...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: 4000SSE Fails to find SV's

> I have several 4000SSE receivers. One of them fails to find any SV's even after being on 20 minutes.I took a pair of 4000SSi units out a couple o...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: ever heard of this?

> Couple of months later get an email stating that we must destroy everything including field notes, Autocad drawing and title report and supportin...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS Datasheets - Website Problems?

> Did you see the earlier [msg=129507]post[/msg] about the power failure at NGS?I missed that post, but it explains the situation. Thanks.

15 years ago
Topic
Replies: 2
Views: 699
Reply
RE: Useful Android apps - Ideas please

Useful Andoid apps - Ideas please> Is there a difference in the "extension" or something that would indicate which one it will work on?In my limite...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Ellipsoid to Orthometric Heights

> I have 4,000 manhole lids collected with a GIS data collection software that only measures the ellipsoid heightI hope that whatever report accomp...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: DS World update

I had a similar experience with another NGS application (Translev). The problem was Win7 UAC, and the solution was to reinstall the software somewhere...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: L1-L2 GPS difference

> Any help would be appreciated to EDUCATE me.A good place to start is the Ashtech FTP site. Download the PM2 STAT TNG-SYS series of PDFs and read...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Gaps ? Overlaps? Anyone??

> Apparently California does not have case law that states that it is a presumption that a party intends to sell all he owns (or the author doesn't...

15 years ago
Page 335 / 374