AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: October 11, 2026 8:45 am
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: Topcon Total Stations: Demystifying model names/numbers

calculate the cost of ownership of a Leica or Trimble kit. I advise checking the cost of ownership of GeoMax versus either Leica or Trimble. It's ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Building Pad Elevation

Probably cut it down to bedrock and hauled in an “engineered fill” I got a chuckle out of that, even though I know it's feasible in many areas. Bu...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Removing Opposing Survey Pin after Court Judgement

@skeeter1996 I'm in California, which is a mandatory recording state under pretty much any situation that involves a dispute, so "what if he never set...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Removing Opposing Survey Pin after Court Judgement

I've only encountered this situation once. My client, the prevailing party, asked me to remove the other surveyor's marker. I declined, saying that ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Unusual Monument

There's a 1913 subdivision in my city that has the lot numbers stamped into the sidewalk mid-lot. They also stamped a fancy arrow at the back of walk...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: WANTED: TOPCON INSTRUCTION MANUAL , GTS-310 SERIES

I have a GTS-300 manual; there might be enough similarity for you to get the information you need.?ÿ Message me with an email address if interested an...

4 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Basics, Sheet Sizes & Borders

In California, all Records of Survey, Parcel Maps and Final Maps are required by law to have "a marginal line . . . drawn completely around each sheet...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Scanning invoices, etc.

Horrible software. That pretty much describes just about every piece of HP software I've ever come across.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Visualizing measurements

debris could be suspended at any depth, so the task may be a big one. I would expect any interesting debris to be denser than water and thus on the...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: I'm having a senior moment

I have somewhere around 400 AutoLISP functions that I've written over the years to automate calculation and drafting tasks.?ÿ Most of them have 2- or ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Pipe Mic safety handling

I can't help with the SUV issues --. this is a situation in which an open-bed pickup truck is useful -- but I carry a box of chlorine bleach wipes in ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: SMI HP48

I'm surprised to learn that there are any HP-48s still in field use -- I would have expected wear-and-tear alone to have retired them all by now.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Elevation Certificate, Zone AO

Interesting tale about the project that was the subject of my original post:?ÿ I prepared the EC, set a site BM, and delivered to my client.?ÿ ?ÿ When...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Long Range Bluetooth Connection

I'm just paranoid enough to imagine the worst, so I like to take reasonable mitigation steps.?ÿ The?ÿ likelihood of someone stealing the handle is low...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Long Range Bluetooth Connection

What if you need to shoot something above? Above what??ÿ The handle only obscures maybe 20 degrees of the zenith, and I've never had to shoot anyth...

4 years ago
Page 24 / 374