AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: October 11, 2026 8:45 am
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: Long Range Bluetooth Connection

Most users probably never realize that you can remove the handle. Some users figure that too many people know how to remove the handle and don't wa...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Moasure

?ÿ I wonder if this unit might have been able to be used by hitting a couple of control points at the trailhead and then using the pole as a walking s...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Field managment

FWIW -- and this is 40-year-old information -- when I was in the union (OE Local 3) the rule was that you're on the clock from the time you leave the ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Moasure

These guys go to big trade shows, but don't list a phone number, don't have an address, I am not sure if I even know what the company name is. I belie...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Moasure

Here's another video, this one by a landscape contractor.?ÿ He first uses Moasure to measure the perimeter of a proposed raised area, and you can see ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Moasure

If you can suffer through 25 minutes of amateur video taken by someone who's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, you can get a look at some of the r...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Ideas and what do you like.

I'm not blessed with a strong sense of artistry -- so take my comments with a grain of salt -- but I use simple sans serif fonts for all map annotatio...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Someone Bringing forth their land patent

I don't ever recall hearing the term allodial. On the old POB board (not the revamped board that quickly led to the functional demise of the forum)...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Drone pilot / educator / software guy, looking to improve my survey knowledge

I understand GCP and check points in theory I wish more surveyors did.?ÿ There are some outlandish accuracy claims for drone work out there, and so...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: US Survey Foot - State Plane Coordinates

A letter from the NGS SPC2022 Project Manager (Scott posted this on the CLSA board): Hi Scott,You are correct, NGS (and NIST) are?ÿNOT?ÿtelling stat...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Statistical confidence

how does your choice of which sigma to declare change the probability of your measurement being proven wrong. It doesn't change the probability, it...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Digging up old problems, Relative vs Absolute APC heights

What's the source of this graphic??ÿ It states that the RTCM message outputs the position of the mechanical antenna phase center.?ÿ The CRTN metadata ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Digging up old problems, Relative vs Absolute APC heights

The differences in the "up" values are 5.90mm and 2.30mm for each frequency modeled. Sorry, I was referring at the underlined numbers.?ÿ I agree th...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Digging up old problems, Relative vs Absolute APC heights

This indicates to me it matters what is below your antenna and will affect the data you collect. Those differences are mostly sub-millimeter.?ÿ To ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Curriculum Vitae

I have "Principal Land Surveyor, Frame Surveying & Mapping" on my CV.?ÿ No attorneys or judges have questioned or commented on it yet.?ÿ They want...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA Measurement Standards

The old StarNet manual is a pretty good primer on LSA. If someone has the PDF for upload. For anyone interested: Star*Net v.6 Manual ?ÿ

4 years ago
Page 25 / 374