Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: October 8, 2026 7:25 am
Don't pay attention to Kent......after 11PM. This late in the evening it's just the Grenache talking (typing) 😉
Solution to Floriday de-regulationSelf regulation gets it's authority from an enabling act by the legislature. It's the process by which surveyors are...
AndyThese folks seem to have their act together.
>And there will be no enforceable consequence for the resultant incompetence, malpractice, et cetera.Sure there will - tort 🙁
The LenderBingo.Since the mid 2000's the lender's council has run the show on commercial settlements around here. Title companies are in the same boa...
> What if you woke up tomorrow and your professional license disappeared through no fault of your own.....just vanished.Goodbye surveyorHello hedge...
> So the "national" exam would completely lack any testing on state statutes, codes, etc?If I'm a member of the Maryland bar, generally if I apply ...
> How would the "national" license deal with the platting regulations in the individual states?> > Let me guess, we get rid of them too?Not t...
Those are 2008 numbers. They were projecting a 15% growth in the number of surveyors and a 20% growth in the number of technicians by 2018. I just d...
Probably just corrected the shift from the Indonesian earthquake; random errors tend to be compensating.
> I'm preaching to the choir. So, what's next for the profession?Hopefully private, nonprofit organizations authorized by the legislatures to licen...
> Hopefully, some of us will be sending letters and e-mails to states like Texas and Florida that are considering eliminating existing professional...
Angel, pics as requested> Pics??? Please??? 🙂 :clap:My brother took these this week at his cabin up around Talkeetna
My wife and I were talking with another couple at the pool bar of a resort in the British Virgin Islands back in 2007. They described being on a crui...
Why oh why> Did he indicate that to be his own model of practice? I do think that is good advice for surveyors, though. :>Well, the first 2/3 of...
Why oh why> Well, Dane, if you believe Mies Van der Rohe, less IS more, so less OR more wouldn't make sense. :>I hate Mies's to pieces.Apropos o...