AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
james-fleming
james-fleming
@james-fleming
Free
Joined: July 2, 2010 7:42 am
Last seen: October 5, 2026 6:09 am
Topics: 289 / Replies: 5448
Reply
RE: A Modest Proposal for the Future of the Profession

>From what I see there are very few licensed surveyors running a business, most do not have the desire or are not independent enough to take the ri...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: A Modest Proposal for the Future of the Profession

> I'm not sure I agree either. I do agree that business courses would be advantageous to surveyors and a lot of other people. However, the primar...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: A Modest Proposal for the Future of the Profession

> Self regulation?> How does self regulation work?The states pass enabling legislation mandating that a private surveyors organization set and m...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: LAND SURVEYING CURRICULUM

What I hate: AutoCAD and Special Problems in Civil Drafting classes. These cover technical skills training that have no place (IMHO) in a bachelors de...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: A Modest Proposal for the Future of the Profession

> A few of the threads over the past couple of weeks have drawn attention to the strengths and weaknesses of our profession. So, what say we punt....

15 years ago
Reply
RE: What's the Oldest House You've Surveyed?

> Well, I haven't surveyed it, but I've seen pictures of Karoly's house before his father got a job. Dang, that thing looked old.> > DonIn th...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Back in the hunt now.

[flash width=560 height=315

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying Degree Programs ?

Towson University in Maryland has a 2+2 program in Geography and Land SurveyingOld Dominion University in Virginia has a Surveying and Site Developmen...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: How is one survey better than another?

I disagree most strenuously!> Surveying is not a commodity. Orange juice is a commodity. Peanut butter is a commodity. Surveying is a (professional...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Lost a job to surveyor w/ HP41

> I was out bid & lost out on a small boundary to a guy operating with a Leitz 20" gun, a HP41 and hand drawn platIf the typical price for the ...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Planning Donuts.

> It's a wonder that North America and the World was so successful without "Planners" until post WW II !Close, but no cigar.Harvard started their M...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: We got Lucky

Larry>...And almost flat which is rare here.My wife has a serious dislike of curvy, hilly roads; I think the cab ride from the Westin up to Chateau...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: acsm/esri 2012 san diego

acsm/esri 2012 san diego>Joe> Why is the ACSM conference so intertwined with Esri user group conference?Because they lost their shirt on the 201...

15 years ago
Page 246 / 287