AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
james-fleming
james-fleming
@james-fleming
Free
Joined: July 2, 2010 7:42 am
Last seen: October 2, 2026 7:00 am
Topics: 289 / Replies: 5448
Reply
RE: Deten Pond as-built turned approval cert.

The best solution I've seen is municipalities that require two certifications on the as built. The surveyor certifies to the grading, volume, pipe &am...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: So...you're going on...

Are you in the camp that says 'I am on vacation, I'm turning off my cell phone'I won't turn it off, but I won't look at the email (okay I peek occasio...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Court judgement for non payement...ethics?

> Can you provide the citation for this NC Law? I would like to see the wording how it gets around the Sherman Anti-Trust Act.Folks pretty much ign...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Your Friday Photo

> It just seems that the people on this site are hyper-critical and quick to judge. New to the Internet? 😉

12 years ago
Reply
RE: The Most Visible Aspect of Our Profession?

The groupies - can't seem to survey anywhere without attracting crowds of attractive young women.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: As we age, and get glasses... (for DC Software developers)

Put your glasses on and quit whining.> quit your whining and out your glasses on.Or...raise your rates, hire a young whippersnapper, and pass on yo...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Ring, ring. There is a problem.

>...and why "sea level" in one set of record drawings and reports wasn't the same as "sea level" in another.Did you tell her it was because of the ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Signatures and Dates

You can't argue with City Hall...they're already bought and paid for.By this time, the era of cut-and-run economics ought to be finished. Such an econ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: “Everyone will know who owns Scotland”

>Title registration in the fast lane doesn't sound like a recipe for cadastral happiness.But Mousie, thou art no thy lane,In proving foresight may ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: I wonder where some attorneys get their education

> I once collected $15k in additional fees on a basic commercial ALTA that initially cost about $7k.You cover your costs on the sale of the car, th...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: I wonder where some attorneys get their education

> I simply ask that we all think before we post, about how you are representing your own profession to the public. It is not solely surveyors who ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: I wonder where some attorneys get their education

>I wonder where some attorneys get their educationFrom surveyors. 😉 Seriously, your average attorney has one semester of law school to cover ever...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Today's Rock Mound from 1875

> From the photo it appears you are 0.04' south of the center of the pile.Doubtful considering Kent's customized Star*Net module

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Today's Rock Mound from 1875

> Looks like it took a lot of crouching...Kent's only 4'11" without the hat 😀

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Total station by Bright Angel Creek

> That one I can answer: They had the street view camera strapped to a guy's back, and the camera bank was two feet over his head. Google has start...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Fighting City Hall (and winning)

Fighting City Hall - Semi Hijack>This would have made a good court challengeI've always been intrigued that it was George Sutherland, a conservativ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Certifying to future ownership

To the future owner? NoSomething generic like "the legal representative of the estate of Joe Blow, deceased"? Maybe

12 years ago
Page 167 / 287