AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
james-fleming
james-fleming
@james-fleming
Free
Joined: July 2, 2010 7:42 am
Last seen: October 2, 2026 7:00 am
Topics: 289 / Replies: 5448
Reply
RE: Guidance needed from Surveyor, as I am not

> Good morning, the way I read your post, I would think that the 50 foot front setback would stand because it is platted, and the side yard setback...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: BeerLeg on the Google

> And, more to the point: Why is a duck? :-)Why a duck? Why a no chicken?

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Poll - What sidearm do you carry?

I carry....I have a disarming personality.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: NC Surveyors

I've managed over 2 million dollars worth of sub surface utility mapping in the last year and I have almost no confidence in one call contractors. Th...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Getting some info is hard

> Maybe he thought he was going to write some poetry. The German poet Schiller used to keep rotting apples under the lid of his desk, because the a...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Recording a plat of existing lot (lot of record)

Not North Carolina but...I've seen similar impasses solved by a planning signature block that states something like "This plat is exempt from the plan...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: The Case of the 1940 Corner

> I'll bite. Is there some advantage that you find in not hyphenating "right-of-way"?Personal preference; I hyphenate when it's used as an adjectiv...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: The Case of the 1940 Corner

> it is my belief that the appropriate grammar would be 'surveying right-of-ways'. dictionaries generally indicate either can be used, but in the a...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Regulation Rant

Regulation Rant - notes

12 years ago
Reply
RE: 'Long Johns'

> I've always preferred to where bibs or coveralls instead.I used to work with a guy that swore by Carhartt coveralls. I tried a set once and in t...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Repossessed Grade Stakes

Apparently my boy Snoop don't hang around here often enough anymore for folks to get a handle on the finer points of his modus operandi 😉 [flash wid...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Android Pix4D mapping app for Phantom 2 Vision+ drone

Math Time> Wait a minute, James. You said an 80-acre flyover was $12K, not 4K. I just used your numbers.I said: "I just had three 80 acre urban sit...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Android Pix4D mapping app for Phantom 2 Vision+ drone

Math Time> OK James, let's do some math.> > The eBee can fly for 40 minutes on a charge. In that 40 minutes, it covers 2 acres. It would take...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Android Pix4D mapping app for Phantom 2 Vision+ drone

It is Written...> That Italian drone could put every aerial mapping company out of business. I don't know what the learning curve would be, but I s...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Back from my walk about

> Don't know who Survey Corps was but that sounds Army. Just ask the Internet, it knows all. 😉

12 years ago
Page 166 / 287