AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
james-fleming
james-fleming
@james-fleming
Free
Joined: July 2, 2010 7:42 am
Last seen: September 28, 2026 5:51 am
Topics: 289 / Replies: 5448
Reply
RE: 9:30 AM Rant

I staked a building off the civil plans........................once

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Brass or Bronze?

Mark Mayer, post: 421297, member: 424 wrote: Geologists. They often carry a small bottle to test for limestone.Never trust anyone with a large supply...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Brass or Bronze?

Jim Frame, post: 421262, member: 10 wrote: I'm told that if you swab brass with hydrochloric acid it'll look red like copper due to the surface zinc b...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: US Navy Contact

That happens to me all the time with military websites. Our IT Department is blocking sites that are trying to look into our server, the military is ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Today's Malfunction

The national electrical code requires 3 square inches of ventilation per kVA for underground transformers but I can't recall seeing a lot of buried tr...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: US Navy Contact

I don't have a contact in California, but as far the department to start looking at I'd guess NAVFAC.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Contractor installed Maintenance Hole

I suspect there are a lot of Irish construction companies in New York, but it might be best to take Darby O'Gill, Inc. off your bid list.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Rexburg, Idaho Survey Manager Wanted

Edward Reading, post: 420759, member: 132 wrote: Oh boy, Rexburg! Home of the former Rick's college, and the Teton Dam flood. Oh, and spuds, lots of s...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: When Should You Count the Client's Money?

[MEDIA=youtube]sztf4hcGrB4[/MEDIA]

10 years ago
Reply
RE: HUD Surveyor's Report

There is an updated HUD report but it takes high level google-fu to find it on the interweb. The good news is that I have a link to it at work; the ba...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Quick first aid refresher reminder

[MEDIA=youtube]a2_eBuhHF5s[/MEDIA]

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Great day to work

StLSurveyor, post: 419921, member: 7070 wrote: Easy on the Hilly Billy Kentucky jokes..

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Accuracy and Precision Opinions Requested (Especially Indiana)

gary_g, post: 419861, member: 1026 wrote: If we had 0.02- 0.04 error on a back sight I would be worried something is wrong.0.02 - 0.04 error on the ba...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Attitude determines Altitude- 2017 LSAW Conference

Note to self: finish business plan for drone based rogaine delivery system. 😉

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Essential tools for Surveyors

beuckie, post: 419296, member: 2245 wrote: @Kent : i'd like to see a picture of yourself in action.

10 years ago
Page 106 / 287