AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
holy-cow
holy-cow
@holy-cow
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 5:19 pm
Last seen: October 5, 2026 5:13 am
Topics: 2297 / Replies: 23723
Reply
RE: Cleaning up

What a bunch of youngsters we have here. Slide rules were the number one tool when I started college in 1971. Four years later, the world had change...

10 months ago
Reply
RE: Time and Entropy are undefeated

Perfection is a myth, especially when it comes to coordinates. Today, I was reviewing a survey that took a 20-sided new tract being subtracted from ...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Seeking Surveyor – Elevation/Metes & Bounds for FEMA Floodplain Removal – Atlanta GA

Remember that FEMA will insist on a legal description written in the style they demand, which may not be the way you normally word your descriptions f...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Surveying tip from an engineer

One thing that drives me nuts as a reviewer is finding the same line having different bearings by a second or more somewhere along the line. Example:...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Floodplain

There are a few Georgia land surveyors who participate here. At least one of them might be interested if they are near your home area. I wouldn't go...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Title

Why is the theft easier to accomplish due to the electronic filing than standard filing?

11 months ago
Topic
Replies: 1
Views: 1756
Reply
RE: Found?

The early day annual perambulation where a child would get his head knocked on a stone bound such that he would remember its location throughout his l...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: AI is scary

The only thing artificial about me are the rods, bolts, clamps, etc. holding my broken spine in place. Plus the hearing aids, glasses and partial pla...

11 months ago
Topic
11 months ago
Replies: 5
Views: 1704
Reply
RE: The most pin cushions I have ever seen in one place

Several years ago, prior to my accident, I received a call from a fellow surveyor who was in the midst of doing a survey for a tract that was a portio...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: The most pin cushions I have ever seen in one place

Calling all Texas surveyors. Please educate those in the other 49 States on how to do it correctly. I get a kick out of the survey report method of ...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Licensed folk - what are your Do's and Don'ts?

You will learn something new about how to run YOUR business many times per year. What works for one business may not work well for yours based on a v...

12 months ago
Reply
RE: An assist to learning why things are the way they are

@jbw I'll be darned. Must be fun surveying in that area.

12 months ago
Page 29 / 1301