AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
holy-cow
holy-cow
@holy-cow
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 5:19 pm
Last seen: October 5, 2026 1:12 am
Topics: 2297 / Replies: 23723
Reply
RE: I've been doing it wrong.

Knowing where north/south/east/west are at any moment is a great help with land surveying. I feel so sorry for those who live where the sun doesn't r...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: What a ride!

Congratulations to a fellow geezer. 51 years ago I was about six weeks away from graduating with my engineering degree and navigating the REAL WORLD....

6 months ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Retirement six years later.

The bull turned me into a paraplegic but I review surveys almost every day of the week. I just renewed my license for another two years last week.

6 months ago
Reply
Reply
RE: Trees

Ah, yes, trees. What a great topic to discuss here. Case 1: I was hired by the owner of an empty lot in the biggest city in the county. I was to ...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Tee Post Stepper

In many cases the safest way to get to the other side of a barbed wire fence is to lay on your back and shimmy under it while pushing up on the bottom...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Presentation

I took a one semester college course in French forty years ago. I enjoyed the class and scored well. But, today the most accurate sentence I can come...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Boustrophedonically? Not so fast

That is what they put down in their notes. That is absolutely no guarantee that they really did it that way. Wish I could think of the name of the ...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Family of F. William Pafford - Need Help

What a great trip down Memory Lane. More than nine years since the original post. Several hundred years of survey practice if you were to add up th...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: The way things work. I’m just not involved this time…

Wife and I were leaving Eads, Colorado about ten years ago headed due east for what seemed to be forever. Somewhere in there we lost cell coverage on...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: I read this and I have questions

Several County policies probably need to be investigated to clarify whether or not everyone in the chain of command understands what should have happe...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Good place in New England to rent a Schonstedt?

All you really need is a sharpshooter. Take it to where you think the line might be. Stab it into the sod then jump on it for a couple of seconds to...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: I read this and I have questions

  Copy and paste the above to get the most recent scoop. You can watch the entire recording of their commission meeting or read the transcript...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Tee Post Stepper

Your typical city lawn sidelot chain link fence maybe four feet high nearly killed me when i was still 37 years young. Jogged up to it, threw the lef...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: ROW is always fun to explain!

There is no doubt that we are on the front line when it comes to stories like those above. Assuming everyone we might encounter is completely sane an...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: What do you call this type of monument?

Surveyorjake has a valid warning there. Many clients are prone to set secondary monuments of their own that are more substantial or left higher above...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: GLOrecords.blm.gov troubles

Just go to a library and ask the librarian to direct you to the Fiction Section. It must be nice to work in the portions of PLSSia where the notes w...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: ROW is always fun to explain!

Had a crazy lady come running out of her house one day and run up to my rodman. I was 150 feet away at the time so I was laughing my butt off because...

6 months ago
Page 25 / 1301