AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
holy-cow
holy-cow
@holy-cow
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 5:19 pm
Last seen: October 4, 2026 9:43 pm
Topics: 2297 / Replies: 23723
Reply
RE: Man sues NC Survey Board after being issued cease and desist for flying drone

@murphy I appreciate your use of: from folks who don't know what they don't know. I used those same words recently to describe a certain employee...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Let's discuss ingress/egress easements

Thanks to all of you for your comments. This is a real word situation. It appears on a survey I was reviewing generally for conformance to the Stat...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Let's discuss ingress/egress easements

In this scenario the tract being separated is completely surrounded by the parent tract and the existing path is entirely on the parent tract. There ...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: It's that time of year

The TV weather crew broke in to normal programming two hours and twenty minutes ago and stayed on continuously following the tornado on the ground. I...

5 months ago
Topic
Replies: 24
Views: 2826
Reply
RE: Submitting surveys- a poll

@jimcox So, if I sent you a check for a buttload of money, how would you ever access that money?

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Don’t you just love fence company’s!!!

The sad fact is that on a few occasions I have become aware that my corner bars have ben reset somewhere beside the new corner posts and a surveyor ha...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: How to Keep My Base Station Cool

Discovered a 7'-4" fellow last night playing basketball for the San Antonio Spurs. With a cap on his head he would be even taller than I suggested, b...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: How much to survey 3 million acres?

@andy-nold That reminds me of Colorado which looks like four straight lines on most maps. It actually had an insane number of sides before everyt...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Weird EDM Error

Yes/no. On three occasions over a few years I had what I determined to be a 10 meter extra length happen. The first time was obvious as I knew I was...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: How much to survey 3 million acres?

Very interesting numbers. I will avoid commenting with other thoughts so as to keep this non-political.

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Too Good to be true

@lurker Had a file name QQQQ many years ago. Finally figured out that was to be pronounced as 4Q.

6 months ago
Reply
RE: How to Keep My Base Station Cool

First you find a 7'-5" derelict. Train him how to stand such that his shadow protects the critical area throughout the day. Provide plenty of water ...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: How much to survey 3 million acres?

Charles Farwell was one of the key investors. Turns out that he grew up on an Illinois farm and when he finished his education he took up surveying a...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Retired and still interested

This is definitely the place to be. Enjoy. Share some of your stories with us.

6 months ago
Topic
Replies: 7
Views: 4282
Reply
RE: Notice of impending forum software update 2026-04

Does tripping over a giant stack of old newspapers qualify as running into issues?

6 months ago
Page 23 / 1301