AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
geoff-ashworth
geoff-ashworth
@geoff-ashworth
Free
Joined: July 1, 2010 5:14 pm
Last seen: July 21, 2026 11:46 am
Topics: 17 / Replies: 162
Reply
RE: What was posted this date in 1996 '97.. on rpls.com?

The wayback machine on archive.org has snapshots of the old website:

4 months ago
Reply
RE: An honest update about the future of RPLS.com

Long time lurker. I have been out of the survey game a number of years now, but will check in from time to time here. RPLS.com was invaluable for my e...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Wood Hubs as control points

@andy-bruner we have privet in our yard that my wife wants gone. I know how fast it grows.

8 months ago
Reply
RE: C3D 2026

I work in Civil 3D consulting, and the only issue that has come up recently is that some objects plot thicker when it crosses multiple viewports. Look...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: Auto Annotaing Azu=imuth & Distance with Arrow Leader

What CAD software are you using? Civil 3D has built in label styles that should accomplish your goals.

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Cogo function in C3D

I was just checking this out and the MAPCOGO command relates to AutoCAD Map 3D./p>

2 years ago
Reply
RE: C3D 2024

I am subscribed to the weekly Civil 3D What is the Autodesk Civil Infrastructure Product Team Working On? webinars. It looks like the 2026 version wil...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Repetitive Text values in a dwg

I second the Sheet Set Manager suggestion. Not only will it fill in fields for you, but it sets up all of your plotting too.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: AutoCAD Dynamic Input copy and paste?

I am not sure that you can do that. You could draw a circle and copy the coordinates of the center point in Properties.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Ever Pull Existing Corners?

Instead of pulling it, you could drive it deeper so that it is almost impossible to detect with the locator.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: When to use a Philly Rod vs a Linker Rod?

At my previous job, we were still using a Lenker to set hub grades. That was about 5 years ago.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Any civil3d experts here?

quote] Civil3D does not always handle coordinate systems well. No kidding! You also have to be aware whether the units are Feet or US Surve...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: today I learned...

Do you know the Alt+Tab one? Gives you an array of open windows/dialogs and let's you pick (OR helps you keep your sanity when you know an application...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Let's Talk Keyboards! Mechanical??

@andy-j I use the Logitech MX Master 3S. You can program the buttons to do different things in each program.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: excel data to create point data

Andy- ?ÿ Look into User Defined Properties for points. Here is a link to an older tutorial. Here is something similar as well, which might help g...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveys influence on GIS

@lurker It looks like the original plat shows the west line of Lot 11 having one bearing from Lot 26 south to Bartelt Blvd. The found monuments at the...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveys influence on GIS

More than likely the change is because of the survey. There is a common joke that GIS stands for Get It Surveyed. Typically a GIS system is not as acc...

4 years ago
Page 1 / 9