AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Gene Kooper
Gene Kooper
@gene-kooper
Free
Joined: May 6, 2015 9:42 pm
Last seen: August 1, 2026 10:01 am
Topics: 95 / Replies: 1244
Reply
RE: Vertical Control

Actually Warren, I think since FrancisH is now "banned" that "Sean Ora" is a sock puppet created last November for this eventuality. 🙂

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Remote Points of Beginning

A Harris, post: 420847, member: 81 wrote: What has been very beneficial to me thru the years had been relying upon the best available evidence.Given a...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Control

For anyone interested in knowing about the Singapore Height Datum (SHD) here is a PDF of a 2015 FIG presentation by Dr. Victor Khoo of the Singapore L...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Control

FrancisH, post: 420576, member: 10211 wrote: yes, that's what I have been saying all along, you replace your vertical datum from WGS84 to EGM96 or EGM...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Control

FrancisH, post: 420532, member: 10211 wrote: please read up on the basics of GNSS surveying. hahahahahhaha very funny thread...brings out the dimwits ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Texas Centric Albers Equal Area projection

I see that 31 15' N is halfway between the two standard parallels in the UoT lab exercise. I guess they were trying to keep the students on their toe...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Texas Centric Albers Equal Area projection

Melita,Glad to see that we got the same results with both projections (after I subtract 1000000 from the northing for the Lambert projection). I crea...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Texas Centric Albers Equal Area projection

John,I get 7,347,878.430, 1,610,774.776 (N,E in meters) using an Albers Equal Area Conic projection (assumes fact not in evidence that I didn't fat fi...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Control

And apparently you can't shut stupid up either.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodolite 504 - Error 54

Maurice,I found this on the Martin Instrument web site. They have shops in Austin and San Antonio. I don't know how old the question is and whether ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: An unusual "rock"

Stacy Carroll, post: 420130, member: 150 wrote: There is a bit of a back story to it. We were surveying along an old railroad bed when the "rocks" wer...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: An unusual "rock"

paden cash, post: 420123, member: 20 wrote: I hope not. Bringing something "exotic" home can get a man in a lot of serious trouble... Um...er... :bl...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: An unusual "rock"

I am a geologist, but that doesn't mean that I can divine rock types based solely on a photo.It does have the appearance of pumice. I base that on al...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: CFEDS on a tablet?

I haven't tried them on a tablet, but here is a notice regarding problems playing the swf videos on a computer with updated FlashPlayer.At the bottom ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Monument - What is it?

Obviously, it is the femur of a Ferruginosaur.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: "Survey without benefit of title"

Please excuse the minor hijack. So, are you about ready to move back to Colorado, Jim?Oh, and I agree with your post. The most important part of the...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Happy Pi day

Larry Scott, post: 418517, member: 8766 wrote: Not enough significant digits.Definitely Pi day, but only on a slide rule. Well, if you want more sig ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Atmospheric corrections

Not to get between John and John, but here's what a surveyor/geologist (not geodesist) uses for conversions. This is the main page from the NWS - El ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Attitude determines Altitude- 2017 LSAW Conference

RADAR, post: 417701, member: 413 wrote: Yep, Brian is the coolest! Dougie,If you see Brian tomorrow, tell him hi for me!

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Carhartt Introduces Rugged Work Thong

Wendell, you first....but no pictures 'cause like Dave I need to save what's left of my old eyes.

10 years ago
Page 59 / 67