AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Gene Kooper
Gene Kooper
@gene-kooper
Free
Joined: May 6, 2015 9:42 pm
Last seen: August 1, 2026 10:01 am
Topics: 95 / Replies: 1244
Reply
RE: Who receives the easement?

I assume that the husband and wife own the 220 acres jointly? Would it work if the 10-acre retirement casa was deeded to one while the remaining 210 ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Florida Continuing Education...

Arthur Nudge, post: 416502, member: 12531 wrote: Sorry to disappoint you Skippy. Happily licensed over 25 years. Have not worked in Singapore but ha...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Have you ever surveyed with a cut chain, or a broken tape?

I began my survey career at the Nebraska Dept. of Roads using a 100 ft. cut chain. Add chains were for wussies.Among other things it was used to stak...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Florida Continuing Education...

Andy J, post: 416465, member: 44 wrote: I really don't get all the complaining by people that ARE NOT LICENSED IN FLORIDA.. why do you care? My pos...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Florida Continuing Education...

Reading through this thread reinforces my notion that Colorado has it right. Last time I checked, Colorado was one of four states with no CEU require...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Gyro tunnel surveying

Thank you John and John. I wanted to make the point about astronomic north because I work in the mountains where the Laplace correction is not trivia...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Gyro tunnel surveying

I finally found the Professional Surveyor article from 2006. Here's the link to the PDF file hosted by Leica on tunneling under Atlanta.If I recall c...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Gyro tunnel surveying

I don't go underground very often these days, but have the equipment to do the work. I don't work on tunnels, only hard-rock metal mines. The gyros ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: DOT boundaries

Bushwhacker, post: 415780, member: 10727 wrote: Just another possible method of determining the centerline is one I read in Professional Surveyor is t...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: DOT boundaries

Bushwhacker, post: 415419, member: 10727 wrote: This may not be the correct method but it is the one most of the contract surveyors in Texas and Arkan...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: LGO 8.3 Giggle Earth

Thanks Shelby and Kelly. I modified the "Google Earth Pro" folder in the registry and it did not work. I'll load Google Earth and see if modifying t...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: LGO 8.3 Giggle Earth

So if I understand Shelby and Kelly correctly, I will need to uninstall my GE Pro, do some registry cleanup work and then install GE followed by GE Pr...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: DOT boundaries

Kent,Thank you for conceding that your use of the term "reasonable" is irrelevant to this topic. You are almost always very precise in your word choi...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: The unhinged

Bruce Small, post: 415291, member: 1201 wrote: You're right! I hadn't thought of that. Your kind words will stay with me into that last shot and retir...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: DOT boundaries

Kent McMillan, post: 415261, member: 3 wrote: So, you're basically asking how a surveyor determines whether something is reasonable or not or are you ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: DOT boundaries

Jim in AZ, post: 415320, member: 249 wrote: I place the word "reasonable" in the same category as "all", "every", etc. It is subjective, and not capab...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: The unhinged

Bruce,Having met you, I cannot imagine how anyone could become vividly livid at you. The rarity of the events is a testament to your calm and easy go...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: DOT boundaries

Kent,My question has to do with whether the term "reasonable" is a professional standard for boundary surveys in Texas, not whether a Texas RPLS can e...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: DOT boundaries

Several years ago, an attempt was made to change the professional standard in Colorado from the generally accepted standards of practice to what the l...

10 years ago
Page 60 / 67