AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Gene Kooper
Gene Kooper
@gene-kooper
Free
Joined: May 6, 2015 9:42 pm
Last seen: August 1, 2026 10:01 am
Topics: 95 / Replies: 1244
Reply
RE: California PLS Exam - study materials?

Dave Karoly, post: 422973, member: 94 wrote: i prefer to rotate to a common basis then do the compass rule adjustment.disclaimer: don't do this on the...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: California PLS Exam - study materials?

Dave Karoly, post: 422952, member: 94 wrote: Do you know the rationale for adjusting meander courses by compass rule but adjusting grant boundaries by...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: California PLS Exam - study materials?

Jim Frame, post: 422803, member: 10 wrote: A bit off-topic, but I just submitted a Record of Survey for checking in which I did this and described it ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Red River Land Dispute - Gradient Boundary Bill - Texas & Oklahoma

The aerial photos that Kent posted along the Red River struck me that it is a hybrid of two stream types, braided and meandering. Braided streams hav...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Red River Land Dispute - Gradient Boundary Bill - Texas & Oklahoma

paden cash, post: 422542, member: 20 wrote: They more closely resemble a mere quit claim deed if anything. With rare exception, Federally issued pate...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Red River Land Dispute - Gradient Boundary Bill - Texas & Oklahoma

JaRo, post: 422548, member: 292 wrote: Nobody in their right mind would prefer to be neighbors with the BLM.James In the western states, anyone that ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS Survey control planning

You might consider mixing static with RTK. I'd suggest doing 20-30 minute static sessions first. You could then post-process, set your RTK rover to ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Structural Engineer Files Survey Map (Arizona?)

The Recorder of Maricopa County has a web site that allows one to search by plat book and page, registrant's number, etc. Here is the link to the "Ma...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Structural Engineer Files Survey Map (Arizona?)

Ryan Versteeg, post: 422056, member: 41 wrote: Hey everyone. Bringing back this blast from the past. Does anyone have a good link to this map so I c...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Reno Nevada 2017

eapls2708, post: 422058, member: 589 wrote: WOW!!!Those are all used. I'll sell my new copy to the first taker for only $2004.02. Hmmm. Does that i...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Stupid human tricks (by your's truly)

P.S. I hope you did visit the doctor and after taking some Advil/Motrin the inflamation (wherever it is) will abate. Motrin was my friend last fall ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Stupid human tricks (by your's truly)

Sure glad you didn't injure you typing finger(s). 😉

10 years ago
Reply
RE: really starting to hate color surveys

flyin solo, post: 421621, member: 8089 wrote: Now that i've spent the last half a year doing almost nothing other than reviewing surveys, i can say th...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: The OCD is kicking in

Just the issue of erroneous fence lines is sufficient reason to stay quiet HC. I've seen families come to blows, arguing over a few feet of where a f...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Control

Sean Ora, post: 421457, member: 12254 wrote: well well well, a lot of answers yet none about the links that I was asking to refute my method.Talk talk...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Control

Luke J. Crawford, post: 421410, member: 11382 wrote: Nessy moved to England? And please don't say Scotland is England.... Ssssshhhhh! I've been wait...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Control

Bill93, post: 421013, member: 87 wrote: I've read a little more in the referenced FIG paper. It seems they are defining chart datums that allow the u...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Control

Sean Ora, post: 421153, member: 12254 wrote: Let me see, all of you keep on saying my procedure is wrong, and yet not even one of you could even provi...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Control

RPLS#, post: 418304, member: 12280 wrote: At the company I've worked at in the past SOP to establish vertical control has been to check into two verti...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodolite 504 - Error 54

Your welcome, Maurice. As I said in my reply, the FAQs page did not mention when that question was posted. From their response, you may have some lu...

10 years ago
Page 58 / 67